Honored Contributor

Pretty Persuasion Dress

No.  5979

$229$184

GIFT BOX:  (Add $6 dollars).

STORY

Getting Your Way.

Is not easy.

There have been experts in the field—Isabella I of Castille (Elizabeth who?), Kitty Collins (Ava usually gets her way no matter what the script says), and Zelda (she made up her own grammar).

We’re talking about charm, intelligence, and pizazz. Getting people to listen, to change their minds, to walk into the beehive to fetch your martini and sunglasses.

This dress is a start.

Luxe but approachable silk habotai. It wasn’t always so approachable but this isn’t 1446. Nobody likes complicated and the A-line is the essence of uncomplicated elegance.

The faux waistband with subtle peplum overlay delights with curiosity but doesn’t overpower.

Then there’s the Hawaiian ocean option in lieu of the sophisticated black. One purrs, the other wows. Use your best judgment.

Pretty Persuasion Dress (No. 5979). 100% silk habotai shell with slip lining in a poly and spandex blend. Falls to the mid-calf. Removable slip lining. Scoop neck, princess seams, vents at the hem side seams. Imported.

Size 0-22

I love this dress. No way I will have an opportunity to wear it, but it's great looking, IMO, and I'm not generally a fan of peplum. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

They're attractive.  I've never ordered from them because it's all drawings with no true picture.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh how I wish I could still wear a dress like this!  Lovely in its simplicity but still has the wow factor.  Perfect LBD but the blue is gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing.  

Valued Contributor

Those J Peterman descriptions. I love them!  This one reminded me of the first time Elaine met J Peterman on Seinfeld. "This innocent looking shirt has something which isn't innocent at all...touchability...Innocence and mayhem at once."

That dress is beautiful, @Snicks1.  

Honored Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

Those J Peterman descriptions. I love them!  This one reminded me of the first time Elaine met J Peterman on Seinfeld. "This innocent looking shirt has something which isn't innocent at all...touchability...Innocence and mayhem at once."

That dress is beautiful, @Snicks1.  

@Ruby Laine, I know. I think the descriptions are my favorite part. lol

"To each their own, in all things".