Honored Contributor

JOGGERS: TOPS TO BE TUCKED OR NOT

[ Edited ]

When I'm wearing my few pr. of joggers, I seem to always tuck in my shirt/tee. The pants look a bit baggy and if a shirt hangs loosely over them, it gives me an overall sloppy look.

How do you wear joggers? BTW, SIDE STITCH joggers on clearance just for this morning's show.

Honored Contributor

Re: JOGGERS: TOPS TO BE TUCKED OR NOT

even though I have a small waist the jogger waistband doesn't work for me, so I save joggers for very casual and just put a gym top over 

the ties just add too much fabric , I do like the look when it's a good fabric

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

even though I have a small waist the jogger waistband doesn't work for me, so I save joggers for very casual and just put a gym top over 

the ties just add too much fabric , I do like the look when it's a good fabric

@jackthebear   The joggers I have are a linen fabric and have a wider waistband...a little on the dressier side. The drawstring gets tucked inside. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't tuck in my shirt for any pants. To uncomfortable, I don't like my tummy showing, to hot etc. I prefer just letting my shirt be.

Esteemed Contributor

I only wear joggers around the house and I never tuck in anything.

Respected Contributor

I find joggers to be very limiting as I think they need a tucked in t-shirt or similar shirt to look good and most of my tops are on the flowy side. 

Esteemed Contributor

For jogger style pants, I wear top tucked in or wear a top that is shorter and ends a few inches below my belly button. My rule for my body is loose on bottom (skirt or pants) more structured, fitted on top. The exception I make is for linen pants that are worn w/ linen top --- I might wear a tank tucked into pants w/ a looser, longer linen top over the tank. I'm not tall, so it's about proportions for me. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

I'm short-waisted so I do all that I can with joggers to create the look of a longer waist. Depending on the joggers, I will pull them down so they fit lower; do a partial tuck for the top or pull the ends of the top to one side and tie them together somewhere below my waist. I like joggers, so I am willing to fuss with them. I will also wear them with a more fitted tee that isn't tucked in.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those that prefer shorter tops or ones that appear to have a tucked look, I have purchased several from the  Cameron Burre line that seem to be shorter...cute, too.

Respected Contributor

I almost always use a half-tuck with joggers or other pants with a drawstring waist (I have some summer casual pants with that type of waistband).