Respected Contributor

Re: JOAN TSV- too big and boxy!

After reading these negative comments, I cancelled my order.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:
Sorry, but this shirt looks totally cr@ppy to my eyes. It's long, boxy, and wrinkled. Joan Rivers would never, ever, wear this thing. I think it's an insult to her memory to offer such an ugly garment.

This denim shirt is a do over of previous cotton big shirt which had been in Joan's line for a long time.  If I recall correctly, the collection's other big shirt came in white, red, and perhaps black too.  

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

You shouldn't have let the negative comments bother you.  thumbs up

Occasional Contributor

Disagree!!  Just bought my 9th- especially good with leggings!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

You shouldn't have let the negative comments bother you.  thumbs up

Oh, my.  I completely agree.  Joan's big shirts are classic, wearable, comfortable, and look darn good!  I have several.  I don't button them, but wear them open over a tee or tank. 

The people on this forum are never going to see you (as far as I can tell!) so don't let negatives sway you.  Do what is right for you and your lifestyle.  I think a big shirt is going to look great on you, @muttmom.  From your nic, I take it you have dogs.  These denim shirts are amazing for putting on to walk the dog (among other things).  Dog treats and plastic pick-up bags fit in the pockets just brilliantly!

After all, someone could have said, "Oh, I hate leggings and skinny pants and I don't think they look good on anyone anywhere!"  Or, "I hate a square neck on a garment.  Gosh, it's ugly."  I don't think you should let comments like that affect your decision and how you spend your money and how you look to yourself in your own mirror.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I disagree as well.  The shirt was not at all oversized on the Petite model I saw earlier today.  I bought the Marsala.  Measurements of the M should be very comfortable.  A great item for Fall and Winter in CA.  I'll be retiring in early January 2016 and I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of this shirt.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it on Maria and it looks nice as a shirt over a tank. When I saw Jayne and others with it buttoned all the way up, it was not as flattering. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I did not care for Courtney's look.  But I just don't care for this shirt.  I understand it's a boyfriend shirt and isn't supposed to be a fitted shirt. But there is something about this that looks very "painters' smock" to me. 

I'm just not one to wear a big shirt over anything.    

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I like the shirt, but I'm not loving the look Courtney's got going here.  Her skirt looks like a slip I have from a million years ago.  Right down to the slit and the wide lace hem.