Honored Contributor

OMG. The Joan Rivers TSV pre-sale is ....wait for it...a plaid big shirt!!!! So original David Dangle.

Honored Contributor

Re: JOAN RIVERS TSV PRE-SALE?

@Shanus wrote:

OMG. The Joan Rivers TSV pre-sale is ....wait for it...a plaid big shirt!!!! So original David Dangle.

Why blame David Dangle?  I would think the TSV was QVC's decision, not his.

Esteemed Contributor

Done with David as he lives in the lap of luxury - Honestly good for him. As he oversees production of her name he cannot print out a card with the 12 box of Joan Rivers mini Christmas ornaments.  Not that I had any interest in purchasing them but when Joan sold the she sent out the romance card and on  CIJ poor David Veneable made the mistake of saying you get a card with the history of each ornament.

David Dangle interrupted immediately and said oh go to Joan Rivers site and you can print it out - make sure you do it in color so it's nice.

Seriously.

Playing off of Joan's popularity awful.

Valued Contributor

@hopi

Well said, only one thing to add he screeches when something is near sell out..................

Valued Contributor

Joan Rivers was a fashion icon living on Park Avenue and attending all the Fashion Week shows.  She hosted her own show "Fashion Police."  But now, it's all big shirts.  Sure, she wore them walking her dog or on weekends.  But she was not the cover girl for Field and Stream Magazine.   I loved her items and own many.  But even I'm at the point where I think it may be time to retire this line.  And I agree that QVC probably made the decision but enough already with the big shirts.

Honored Contributor

I never bought from her line, but I have to admit that it seems that the line, in its current form, is mainly "big shirts".  I don't own any, nor do I care to.

Honored Contributor

Even when Joan was alive, I liked her far more than her products.  I just never found any clohes I felt would have worked for me.  I did try her jewelry -  first try, a strand of beads were were lovely, but rolled all over my floor as I removed them from the box -  thats on her and her manufacturer.

Then I tried a set of earrings -  again, decent design, but I ended up at the doctor for an antibiotic.  Tried again with another pair -  without infection.  Still when I tried to sell those earrings later at a yardsale, there were no takers.

I actually like David Dangle as a presenter better than I did Joan (and he's a pauper compared to Joan so I don't hold his wealth against him), but I'm unlikely to buy the TSV.  I actually like the tan plaid though I need to check the measurements if I do give in -  the pictures make that shirt look a but more tailored than most big shirts, but it it?

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few 'big shirts'.  The only good thing about them is it makes one feel skinny because I normally wear a size XL or 1X and with these shirts I buy a L.  Ha!

Oh!  Good!  I'll be saving money that day because I sure don't need anymore.

Based on their audience (i.e. ages, etc) they probably sell a lot of big shirts that's why they keep them on the air.  I'm 70 but I can tell you...enough of the big shirts.

Respected Contributor

She was known for her beautiful jackets.

Now it's all big shirts.  The TSV is a plaid big shirt with gigantic plaid pockets.  Yikes!

Honored Contributor

Mary is wearing it in pink on q2.  I thought it looked nice on her.