Respected Contributor

Re: JOAN RIVERS TSV PRE-SALE?

[ Edited ]

Apparently, a lot of women really like oversized shirts with oversized (mismatched) pockets at the hip or else they wouldn't keep selling them.

I think this one is especially perfect for.....

Pumpkin Picking!  :-D

Related imageRelated imageImage result for plaid shirts and pumpkins imagesRelated image

Honored Contributor

I don't like the back of it at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Not something I like and I do like Joan's jackets, etc.  I think this item is typical of QVC's styles.  They must sell well because so many lines make this style or similar. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44, as a matter of fact....LOL.  David has done blogs about the fabulous home he built in PA, his NYC loft, his vacations, etc. 

Nothing wrong with any of it, just saying. 

@Lipstickdiva

Okay, but I still say "so what?"

The company that printed those cards might have had a huge last minute price increase, and Melissa and/or David told them to forget it.    

Esteemed Contributor

I'll bet that this big shirt will be the next showstopper in Canada and the price will be at least $70 CDN. Ugh, another plaid big shirt, this time with an imitation Burberry plaid. 

IMO this line has lost its way. Even the jewelry line too.

Honored Contributor

Remember plaid stamps?   Too much plaid for me and if you are petite the blouse will swallow you up!  So out of date.

Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Last autumn I purchased two plaid men's shirts in size M at Walmart.  I washed them to death last winter and they still look like new!  I think I paid $7.99 so why would I pay the asking price on this JR shirt?  I like them for lounging around the house and sometimes running errands. 

Just another option for women who may like the look.

Respected Contributor

I like plaid but this is a miss for me.  It looks like a mullet with far too much partying in the back.

In no way would the plaids be mistaken for Burberry.

Esteemed Contributor

@NanaLinda wrote:

Last autumn I purchased two plaid men's shirts in size M at Walmart.  I washed them to death last winter and they still look like new!  I think I paid $7.99 so why would I pay the asking price on this JR shirt?  I like them for lounging around the house and sometimes running errands. 

Me too!  I bought two mens plaid shirts at Walmart to wear over turtlenecks and tees last Fall.  Love them. Joan's stuff is probably made in the same Chinese factories. No way to justify that $50 price tag for me. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@NanaLinda wrote:

Me too!  I bought two mens plaid shirts at Walmart to wear over turtlenecks and tees last Fall.  Love them. Joan's stuff is probably made in the same Chinese factories. No way to justify that $50 price tag for me. 

Honestly I've never purchased any clothing from Walmart that fell apart after the first washing.  The only 2 pieces of clothing I remember needing the rag bag after the first washing were both shopping channel purchases.

I bought a plaid shirt from Old Navy last year for well under $15.00.  Might have been under $10.00 and they've washed and worn perfectly fine. 

I don't care for this TSV shirt but even if I liked it, I think the price is nuts. There is nothing "special" about it and there is no value here.