Honored Contributor

Re: JOAN RIVERS TSV PRE-SALE?

I think it is cute-love plaid. But I think it is too pricey for a plaid,cotton shirt.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen a presentation and haven't really looked at this because I knew I wouldn't  be interested.

Do the plaids actually line up from front to back?  This line has a habit of throwing together a plaid shirt cheaply so the design doesn't match up which is a huge peeve of mine with any type of design on a shirt.  When the design doesn't match up front to back, that screams cheap.

As for another big shirt, it seems they latch onto something that works and run with it over and over again.  It's like LR's cargo pocket pants that are a TSV all the time, HSN did it with thos Liz Lange maxi dresses, Evine has had maxi dress after maxi dress as a TTV and those watches.   

Trusted Contributor

I do not think it's a good look.  The back part that David emphasized as flattering is anything but flattering.  Plaid on the bias with buttons to boot, draws attention to an area most women prefer to downplay.

I've ordered a few of Joan's boyfriend shirts and thought they were poorly made and the material was cheap.  Without her name on them, they'd be selling in cheaper stores for half the price.

Esteemed Contributor

@buddylou wrote:

Who irons anymore?  100% cotton blouse that must be pressed to look decent, not for me!  It's 2017 and most of us don't iron!  

@buddylou- I iron everything even tee shirts.  I like the JR blouses for travel....once ironed and folded, they hold up well.  I even iron seersucker....I can't stand wrinkles and love a nice crisp shirt....

Honored Contributor

I iron everything too, even my jeans 👀

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I haven't seen a presentation and haven't really looked at this because I knew I wouldn't  be interested.

Do the plaids actually line up from front to back?  This line has a habit of throwing together a plaid shirt cheaply so the design doesn't match up which is a huge peeve of mine with any type of design on a shirt.  When the design doesn't match up front to back, that screams cheap.

As for another big shirt, it seems they latch onto something that works and run with it over and over again.  It's like LR's cargo pocket pants that are a TSV all the time, HSN did it with thos Liz Lange maxi dresses, Evine has had maxi dress after maxi dress as a TTV and those watches.   

@Lipstickdiva  The plaids may not but the buttons do (per David Dangle) LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's the worst fashion TSV I've ever seen. 

I just watched the presentation (Pat was hosting) and the garment didn't look that great on any of the models.  Those who chose to wear it open kind of defeated the purpose of the blouse to me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Done with David as he lives in the lap of luxury - Honestly good for him. As he oversees production of her name he cannot print out a card with the 12 box of Joan Rivers mini Christmas ornaments.  Not that I had any interest in purchasing them but when Joan sold the she sent out the romance card and on  CIJ poor David Veneable made the mistake of saying you get a card with the history of each ornament.

David Dangle interrupted immediately and said oh go to Joan Rivers site and you can print it out - make sure you do it in color so it's nice.

Seriously.

Playing off of Joan's popularity awful.

@hopi

???    What a strange comment ....  just how do you know how David lives?    Did he talk about his life and show pictures on one of the presentations?

David helped Joan run her business empire for many years, and I'm sure he was well compensated.  So what?  If he wasn't as invaluable as Joan said, she would have found someone else!

As for current JR items ....  my guess is that Melissa still has some sort of final approval.  I really doubt David has carte blanche to do anything he wants with Joan's line!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, as a matter of fact....LOL.  David has done blogs about the fabulous home he built in PA, his NYC loft, his vacations, etc. 

Nothing wrong with any of it, just saying. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

$45 an "egregious" price for a good quality shirt?  Not in my neighborhood.  I guess if you're used to Walmart's prices (and nothing wrong with that), it might seem high.

I have several Joan Rivers items of clothing and they are excellent quality.  Well worth the price; definitely not wear once and throw away items.

to me it's egregious.  It's a TSV--they sell many, many.  It also is made in China more than likely. 

Yes, it's egregious.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"