Honored Contributor

Re: JOAN RIVERS ESTATE WORTH $150 MILLION

On 9/12/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 9/12/2014 KathyPet said:
On 9/11/2014 elated said:

Her mother's penthouse is worth $30 million. Melissa said she will keep it. It is a magnificent place. Joan said she made $50 million a year from the Q. She said she loved a lavish lifestyle and that is why she worked so hard to maintain it. This was in an interview she gave back in 2010.

Where did Melissa say she would keep Joan's apartment?? Melissa is based in Calif. I seriously doubt she would,keep.that huge,apartment Joan owned in NYC.
Why wouldn't she keep it, there's lots of memories there and besides when Melissa works in NYC, she will have her mother's gorgeous penthouse to stay in.

I seriously doubt Melissa will work without her mother pushing her.

Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 happy housewife said:

Her mother's penthouse is worth $30 million. Melissa said she will keep it. It is a magnificent place. Joan said she made $50 million a year from the Q. She said she loved a lavish lifestyle and that is why she worked so hard to maintain it. This was in an interview she gave back in 2010.

Where did Melissa say she would keep Joan's apartment?? Melissa is based in Calif. I seriously doubt she would,keep.that huge,apartment Joan owned in NYC.
Why wouldn't she keep it, there's lots of memories there and besides when Melissa works in NYC, she will have her mother's gorgeous penthouse to stay in.

There are reports that Melissa wants to keep Joan's apartment. But if I had 150 million I wouldn't work I would just shop and get my nails done.
Honored Contributor

I think that figure will come in under the actual amount. Joan's property, businesses, writings, image, television shows, and reruns, are worth far more than this figure. Her estate will even profit after her passing. I do not think that Melissa is even thinking about the money. She is thinking about her mom. I loved the movie Joan did about her life. She was afraid to ever have her calendar empty. She is probably doing stand up in heaven. I was never aware of the times she was victimized. She sure did not harp on it in public very much. I hope QVC continues to carry her line and I wish her family well.

Trusted Contributor

On what basis, other than spite, would you make such a statement?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Mindy D said:

I think that figure will come in under the actual amount. Joan's property, businesses, writings, image, television shows, and reruns, are worth far more than this figure. Her estate will even profit after her passing. I do not think that Melissa is even thinking about the money. She is thinking about her mom. I loved the movie Joan did about her life. She was afraid to ever have her calendar empty. She is probably doing stand up in heaven. I was never aware of the times she was victimized. She sure did not harp on it in public very much. I hope QVC continues to carry her line and I wish her family well.

Agreed I think her net worth will exceed past 150 million
Super Contributor

Why is Joan's worth$$$ and where it goes anyone's concern? Why would people feel concerned about this? I do not understand.
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 adelle38 said:

What work has she ever done that her mother did not orchestrate?

Honored Contributor

Spite .......... ???? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

What work has she ever done that her mother did not orchestrate?

It was a family business. I think Joan worked very hard all her life to be successful, and many successful people are not driven just by money. A lot of people love working, find it fulfilling, and can't imagine a life of leisure. From what I've seen Melissa picked up a lot of that from her mom. Money sure is why people work, but for many it goes beyond that to satisfaction and the joy of being busy and productive!

Whatever you do many people are mean about and to anyone with money. . .

Honored Contributor

If you have already seen this, ignore and feel free to throw tomatoes but if you have not, enjoy...

http://hookedonhouses.net/2014/09/11/looking-back-at-joan-rivers-country-house-in-connecticut/#more-...