Valued Contributor

Re: JOAN RIVERS ESTATE WORTH $150 MILLION

Money affords you the luxury of comfort but money does not give you peace of mind, mental health or happiness. Money allows one not to worry where or how the rent will be paid, but money does not give you true friends. Money allows your children to have the options in life of pursuing their dreams instead of getting a "job" to survive, but money does not make a person a good parent. Money affords you the luxury to "attempt" to find the best doctors and try a variety of medications to lengthen your life but money does not give you health.

I'd love to have the comfort of options that money gives the rich but I know my true happiness is not tied to money.

Melissa and her son will have a lot of options in this life but that does not mean a guarantee of happiness, health or true friendship.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 adelle38 said:
On 9/12/2014 happy housewife said:
On 9/12/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 9/12/2014 KathyPet said:
On 9/11/2014 elated said:

Her mother's penthouse is worth $30 million. Melissa said she will keep it. It is a magnificent place. Joan said she made $50 million a year from the Q. She said she loved a lavish lifestyle and that is why she worked so hard to maintain it. This was in an interview she gave back in 2010.

Where did Melissa say she would keep Joan's apartment?? Melissa is based in Calif. I seriously doubt she would,keep.that huge,apartment Joan owned in NYC.
Why wouldn't she keep it, there's lots of memories there and besides when Melissa works in NYC, she will have her mother's gorgeous penthouse to stay in.

I seriously doubt Melissa will work without her mother pushing her.

On what basis, other than spite, would you make such a statement?

She has no basis for it. She took the place of meddlesome Millie, doncha know? She has no life but to meddle in everyone else's business. She is obnoxious and makes everyone miserable who reads her posts. That makes her happy.

Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 shoekitty said:
On 9/12/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 9/12/2014 coco14 said:
On 9/11/2014 imaclotheshog said:

Wow Melissa is one lucky lady!

Your comment leaves me almost speechless - how cold must you be to say something like this?

Uh, coco, please notice that she didn't say that Melissa must be happy her mother is dead ...... inheriting $150 million from ANYONE is definitely "lucky".

Good grief. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

coco

I did not read her comments to mean what some read into it. In fact I am positive that is not what she meant. She was just commenting it would be nice to have 150 million. I think people read too much into into imaclotheshogs statement. Any member of your family can die. It is sad, and painful most times. Joan's death was a super shock, unexpected and frankly it seemed Joan was a little young yet. When loved ones die they could leave you a few bucks, leave you in debt or with millions. Melissa and Joan were unusually close. With Cooper, the 3 made up their entire family. I believe Joan's only sister died a while back, and most all of Edgar's family is gone. They had each other, and their friends. Melissa will always be "missing" a hand now that Joan is gone.
But, she will be fine in the long run. I think she has a great support system. JMHO and nothing else.

Yes! Thank you ladies and yes shoekitty, yes that's what I meant.

You have to be careful what you write here!

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I definitely think Melissa will go back to work, I think it's up to her, what she does. I'm sure she will take some time off, as would be expected to get her mother's affairs in order and cope with her loss.

Melissa is a very talented young woman. Does anyone remember years ago, Melissa designed several pieces of jewelry for Joan's line? I have some earrings and a few necklaces that she designed for Joan and I still wear them! There is one pair of blue beach glass leverback earrings in particular, that I adore. I always get compliments when I wear them. They must be 15 years old, at least!

I think she would do a great job, continuing Joan's lines at QVC but also she could continue any of Joan's shows on her own, I think it is really up to her.

I am sure in time we will see her back doing something, she seems to have a great work ethic like Joan did.

Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 namealreadytaken said:

If you have already seen this, ignore and feel free to throw tomatoes but if you have not, enjoy...

http://hookedonhouses.net/2014/09/11/looking-back-at-joan-rivers-country-house-in-connecticut/#more-...

Beautiful !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}