Honored Contributor

Melissa Rivers is coming back to television to honor her late mother Joan Rivers for "Joan Day," an E! marathon dedicated to the "Fashion Police" star. The Friday, Sept. 19 event marks Melissa Rivers' first TV appearance since the Sept. 4 death of her mother.

"Joan Day" kicks off with an all-day "Fashion Police" marathon and concludes with "Fashion Police: Celebrating Joan," a 90-minute tribute special broadcast from Melissa's home including "Fashion Police" co-hosts Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic and George Kotsiopoulos.

The special will include a variety of behind-the-scenes and never-before-seen clips of Joan Rivers, as well as personal stories from her daughter and former "Fashion Police" co-hosts.

Came on to see if ya'll had heard and I see that you have. Looking forward to watching this.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, I would have been upset to find I missed it. I will be working tomorrow. I wonder if there is enough room on my DVR? ? ?

When Johnny Carson left the Tonight Show, they made a box set of dvds with some of the best clips from his time on the show. I remember I purchased it from QVC! It was hilarious and touching to see so many celebrities when they were young and just starting their careers. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a similar set produced in Joan's honor. It would be an instant best seller!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for this information. I happen to be off tomorrow so I'll want to catch as much as I can. Of course I'll be watching the 90 minute special. I'm sure it's going to be emotional but also lots of laughing. Did anyone hear what the announcement was about the future of FP?