Occasional Contributor

How does jjill compare to talbots clothing?

Esteemed Contributor

Talbots is for work and J Jill is for play might cover it for me.

Honored Contributor

TALBOTS.....more old school classics, more structured

JJILL......more modern classics with a twist, less structured

for my lifestyle, i find that JJILL works better for my needs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

How does the quality compare?

Honored Contributor

I don't see lined blazers in the winter at J Jill, although,  JJ does some nice pieces,  I think Talbots is a higher level of quality plus they offer wool and cashmere.

It's hard to compare brands where the stock is different.

Honored Contributor

J Jill is more contemporary and Talbots is very classic. I do have a cashmere sweater from J Jill that is cut on the bias and very beautiful, so it isn't only Talbots that carries wool and cashmere. For the most part Talbots often  have a lot of rather garish colors that J Jill never carry. Talbots dress pants have never fit me nor do J Jill's. They are always too wide legged and short in length. I prefer J. Crew for a more narrow silhouette and I also like Banana Republic where they carry a lot more contemporary pants and skirts and blazers than Talbots... a little bit more dressy too.

Valued Contributor

@Cavime 

@Cavime wrote:

How does jjill compare to talbots clothing?

Good question!  I'm a loyal Talbots shopper!

Honored Contributor

i personally think that JJILL and TALBOTS are of fairly equal quality. i do think that JJILL tends to have more coupon codes available and they introduce new items every few weeks which is nice.

JJILL does carry cashmere items, linen, and linen blends, wool blends, ponte knits, down, all cotton,.....and more.

i purchased some nice cashmere pieces last winter  from JJILL with good prices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I watched the J Jill show and while the style isn't really mine I appreciated that they use a lot of natural fibers. It's a nice counterpoint to some of the other lines the Q offers.

Talbots isn't my style either so in that they are comparable

Super Contributor

Re: JJill vs talbots

[ Edited ]

The styles of the 2 brands are similar, classic but on trend.  I disagree with the poster who said Talbots is mainly for work wear,  JJill also carries a fair amount of dresses and blazers, etc.  I think the quality is slightly better at Talbots though.  I would be careful ordering the Q line because I suspect it's more on par with their outlet line.