Trusted Contributor

I love them both and buy what I like from each. Problem solved!

Trusted Contributor

Re: JJill vs talbots

[ Edited ]

As someone who does most of my apparel shopping at Talbots and also has several items from JJill, I can give you an accurate comparison.  First of all the quality of the merchandise at Talbots far exceeds JJill.  They are not even in the same league.  In addition Talbots offers classic/timeless  styles with the perfect amount of trend mixed in.  Talbots apparel is more structured and fitted whereas JJill offers mostly loose unstructured styles.  JJill’s quality has consistently gone downhill so I stopped ordering from them.  I ordered two items from JJill in May, a pair of linen crops and a top.  I was outraged by the poor quality.  There was nothing in the crops that resembled linen and the fabric for top was equally cheap.  They were both paper thin and you would be lucky to make it through one season.  I don’t know where some of these totally inaccurate reviews about Talbots come from.  Believe me when I say I am super picky when it comes to the style and quality of apparel.  I’m a New Yorker and also shop a lot at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman’s And several others.  There is no comparison between the cashmere at JJill and the cashmere at Talbots.  Talbots is superior.  In addition, Takbots offers many different styles in pans and jeans including skinny leg in both,

Honored Contributor

@Danielle46 

could not disagree more with your statement/opinions......and i shop at both stores, but much more at JJILL.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein