Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I've never been into jean  jackets. Probably because I don't like the denim on denim look. I didn't think they were comfortable, back in the 70s, but they have improved with a touch of spandex. I also thought the buttons were difficult and especially when it was cold!

I own one denim jacket and it's olive Green and sports a zipper! LOL

@Andreatoo  - The jean jackets these days are definitely more comfortable than they ones I owned in the 80's.  They have stretch now and are not stiff like the ones back then. 

Honored Contributor

I love my jean jackets in every color of the rainbow, including mauve, and 3 red ones.  I also have a half dozen blues in everything from bleached to dark indigo.  I have several, including a black, with embroidery.  They are just the right weight for daytime wear in the car most winter days in our climate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i have a medium denim one and a white one that i wear often.  i also have a pale green one that i wear once in a while.  i guess if i had closet room for more color variety, i would have more.  but, alas.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I love my jean jackets in every color of the rainbow, including mauve, and 3 red ones.  I also have a half dozen blues in everything from bleached to dark indigo.  I have several, including a black, with embroidery.  They are just the right weight for daytime wear in the car most winter days in our climate.

I forgot about my red denim one @Kachina624  I wore it when we had jeans day at work.  My prize posession is a pink Ralph Loren on I got on sale.  Even though it doesn't fit anymore O will never part with it

Esteemed Contributor

It took colors, new interpretations, not the classic jeans jacket style, and lighter weights to get me to wear a jeans jacket. They still aren't a major factor in my wardrobe, but do own a few.  I have two white, two medium wash denim; and soft olive. Only one of them is a classic cut jeans jacket.  The others can only claim to be jeans jackets because the fabric is denim.  

Super Contributor

The style is perfect for me, and I have denim in various weights and washes, white, black (bamboo traders, one of my faves) lightweight in colors but not pastels, and even a lace one in peach from Chico's.

I have shortish legs and believe the short jacket silhouette is good for my proportions.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the poster upthread who said that jean jackets are a style of jacket now and can be any fabric or color.  That style works for me as a petite person with a smaller chest.   I have a collection that includes multiple shades of blue, white, black and lots of colors.  Almost all of them are lightweight because I live in a warm climate.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I have four jean jackets. Three are denim blue and one is white and fairly new.

I mostly wear the denim blue jackets because they are well worn, soft and have that lived in look.