Honored Contributor

Re: JC Penney Order-Ordered Jeans, Received Curtains

I enjoy reading about everyone else's mixups. One time I received an incorrect item and the company told me to just keep it or donate it. That's real customer service. They sent me the correct item too.

I would be upset about such a mixup if it was a gift for someone. I always allow plenty of time, but that would still be frustrating.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 2 times recently that has happened to me with Walmart.com. One time they sent me the incorrect items, I called them and they told me to keep them (big container of Tide detergent and a bag of tennis balls) and they promptly sent me out the correct item. The other time they sent my order but there was a pack of boys underwear and a pack of undershirts in with the order. I called them and they said if they were my son's size  to keep them (the boxers were, but the undershirts weren't). I kept the underwear and donated the undershirts to a little boy at his school.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I've been looking online for a pair of skinny jeans in tall for a cheap price. I had an Ebates cash back check and I took it in a JC Penney gift card, got 15% more for doing that. The jeans received all five star reviews. With the Ebates credit the jeans plus shipping cost me 2 dollars and change. Haven't bought anything from JC Penney in forever.

The package contained blackout curtains lol. I just called them and they will email me a label to send them back UPS,  I can fit it in a drop box. And she reordered the jeans for me.

I see now how it happened, the 4 digit sku is the same but all the other numbers are different.The label on the curtains says the jeans, the invoice says the jeans. The person who picked the order from a bin just had an oops. 

This has happened to me a few other times with online orders. I'm sure it's a tough tiring job, filling those orders. As long as the company makes it right for me I don't care. Still I won't be wearing curtains any time soon 😁

@Greeneyedlady21  My guess is this job is handed off to ESL at very low pay.  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 2 times recently that has happened to me with Walmart.com. One time they sent me the incorrect items, I called them and they told me to keep them (big container of Tide detergent and a bag of tennis balls) and they promptly sent me out the correct item. The other time they sent my order but there was a pack of boys underwear and a pack of undershirts in with the order. I called them and they said if they were my son's size  to keep them (the boxers were, but the undershirts weren't). I kept the underwear and donated the undershirts to a little boy at his school.

@DJs mom  Very considerate of you.

Respected Contributor

Your title made me laugh - although I guess it wasn't funny when you opened that package!

By the way, if you're looking for good quality inexpensive jeans, the Style & Co line at Macy's is very good. Quality appears the same as their more expensive brands, and fit is good (although they tend to run smaller than some brands). I also like the Rockstar jeans at Old Navy. And both Style & Co and Rockstar have regular, short, and tall lengths in many styles.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@DJs mom  Very considerate of you.

@Nonametoday thank you. The CS person at Walmart.com was surprised I called and told her I had extra stuff in my order and I wasn't charged for them. She didn't know what to do so she transferred me to her supervisor. The supervisor thanked me for being honest and notifying them and told me to keep them. When I took the undershirts to his school the next day the little boy's mom was very grateful, she said her son needed new undershirts. 

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream I was going to order the Style and Co tall curvy fit skinny jeans, but the sale price doubled. I'll try those if the JCP jeans don't fit.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"