Honored Contributor

JC Penney Order-Ordered Jeans, Received Curtains

I've been looking online for a pair of skinny jeans in tall for a cheap price. I had an Ebates cash back check and I took it in a JC Penney gift card, got 15% more for doing that. The jeans received all five star reviews. With the Ebates credit the jeans plus shipping cost me 2 dollars and change. Haven't bought anything from JC Penney in forever.

The package contained blackout curtains lol. I just called them and they will email me a label to send them back UPS,  I can fit it in a drop box. And she reordered the jeans for me.

I see now how it happened, the 4 digit sku is the same but all the other numbers are different.The label on the curtains says the jeans, the invoice says the jeans. The person who picked the order from a bin just had an oops. 

This has happened to me a few other times with online orders. I'm sure it's a tough tiring job, filling those orders. As long as the company makes it right for me I don't care. Still I won't be wearing curtains any time soon 😁

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Re: JC Penney Order-Ordered Jeans, Received Curtains

Sorry I can't see a connection to QVC.

Respected Contributor

Happened to me with Dicks Sporting Good.  I ordered a pair of white winter boots for my daughter and received a pair of black Nike mens sandals. 

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68- Everything we discuss on these boards doesn't have to have a direct connection to QVC - otherwise they'd be pretty boring and pointless.

@Greeneyedlady21- Funny story!  Reminds me of the time I ordered an item of clothing from Kohl's and got a huge box.  Thinking someone overdid it with the packaging, I opened it to find a big "My Little Pony" playstation.  I was able to return that to the store and get the item I wanted.  I just hoped whichever little girl was waiting for that playstation finally got it.  (It was near Christmas, so a busy time for retailers.)

I hope you get the jeans you want eventually!

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Sorry I can't see a connection to QVC.

Why does there have to be a connection to QVC? We talk about all kinds of sites and companies here other than QVC.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21I think you're so right.  It's annoying when these mistakes happen, but I think nearly all of them are human error and not company policy.  I  know it can feel personal, but neither the computer or the warehouse worker has the slightest idea who anyone is, how much they shop, etc.

If we all stopped using every company that has had one of these mix-ups, where would we shop?

Enjoy the jeans when they arrive.  Great deal you put together!

Respected Contributor

This post reminded me of when I ordered something from QVC and received someone else’s order. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered an elephant shaped pillow for my son one Christmas from Evine and received a huge piece of furniture instead.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Curtains by Bob Mackie, quite fashionable 😊6D8DB1A8-D14F-4AF4-B92B-0BBAE0494371.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I once ordered fingerless black gloves from amazon.  They only cost $1.99. A month later I received a small stuffed cat that had a button you could press to make it meow. It came in a hand labeled package from a post office in China.