Honored Contributor

Running back an Isaac show from yesterday afternoon and Jacquie (or Jackie) was showing the clothing WITHOUT a host. 

It was more relaxing to not hear the banter and all the items were described perfectly.

I'm not sure all vendors could carry off an entire show, but she did great. 

Honored Contributor

Re: JACQUIE STAFFORD ON Q2

[ Edited ]

I will add that I didn't watch the entire show...Q2 in our area is not full screen. Even with my glasses on and moving closer to the TV, the printing on item info is too small to easily read. 

If it's not a show I really like, I don't even bother w/ Q2.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus - I have seen Jacqui host a show alone on Q2 a few times and agree she does a good job.  Much more relaxed and no one is talking over each other.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus If the picture is small on the TV screen, my remote has a button that enlarges the image and maybe you do too. Don't remember which one it is, but if you have cable, maybe they have customer service that can help you. This used to happen to me with a couple of channels, but the issue is now gone for me.

Don't know if you know, but several fashion vendors have been running shows on their own on Q2 for a while.  The shows are terrible and I don't watch.  The vendors use ONE camera, probably their phone, and the garment colors or video shown are from QVC.com.  They literally show the computer screen.  Sometimes they have modeling videos from past shows.  Don't understand the point of these shows, I guess they are for people without computers.  But I have seen they have had shows by Belle, Susan Graver, the Logo guy, and the Joan Rivers guy.  I am sure there are others.

There is one good show on Q2, Upgrade Your Look hosted by Katrina Szish, Wednesdays at 9PM.  She basically styles herself with a few outfits, showing fashion and acessories.  They have given her TWO cameras, so better than regular Q2 fare.  She goes behind a little screen to change. She has had at least one vendor that I recall make an apperance.

Esteemed Contributor

She's very good at her job.  I don't think she needs a host at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

And every 5th word isn't "like". Surely Isaac's husband or friends of his watches his shows, at least sometimes, thus wonder if no one ever comments to Isaac about how annoying it gets listening to that. Then again maybe the husband and friends are so used to it they don't even notice it anymore. Or maybe it's just so ingrained that he can't control it.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   I have seen her host just a couple of times and think she does a really good job.  

I very rarely watch any Isaac shows now as all the silly talk back and  forth with the host  gets on my nerves so do not bother. 

However, would definitely watch Jacqie again without host if it was posted when she would be on.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Shanus   I have seen her host just a couple of times and think she does a really good job.  

I very rarely watch any Isaac shows now as all the silly talk back and  forth with the host  gets on my nerves so do not bother. 

However, would definitely watch Jacqie again without host if it was posted when she would be on.

@dulwich - The times I saw Jacqui host the show alone was on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure if it a regularly scheduled show.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have seen Jacquie hosts shows alone before and think she does a wonderful job.  She knows so much about fashion and can carry the show alone and do a great job all by herself.  She is a true professional.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  You can enlarge your TV screen; I must do that.  On your remote, press settings - there is probably a setting to enlarge to whole screen.  I always do that for Q2.