Honored Contributor

Re: J288023 Silver Fish is up to order!

On 2/27/2014 santorini said:

I feel guilty for getting one.{#emotions_dlg.sad} Hopefully this is the same situation as the gold fish necklace -- where only a few got to order before they were sold out, and then a day later, more were in stock (and last I checked, STILL available).

Don't feel guilty for even a second. Congratulations to you for getting one.

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

This may not make anyone feel any better who wants one of these & is missing out again because the Q can't get it's head out of it's, um, sandbox when it comes to adequate orders, but last year when I missed out on the gold version & really wanted a silver one, I found a great substitution in a genuine vintage sterling silver Taxco articulated fish skeleton pendant. I found it on Etsy, although similar ones sometimes turn up on ebay as well. It's 4" long, a little wider than the Linea version with a large enough bail to accommodate many chain widths , fabulous, & cost me $50. It's just the kind of boho jewelry look that LDO is always showing with his casual clothes, & some of you might love it, too. Worth consideration if you can't get the Linea version.

Contributor

Do not abandon hope! My backorder is being processed.....let's see if it finally ships.
Valued Contributor

I canceled mine last night when I realized how many of you really really wanted this one. I just wanted it to do the outfit Louis showed with the blue shirt. I figured that wasn't enough of a reason to deprive someone who would wear it 2-3 times a week from catching her fish. I figured the most democratic way of getting it into another's hands was to cancel so that it would go to the first waitlist in line.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/28/2014 diamondscribe said:

I canceled mine last night when I realized how many of you really really wanted this one. I just wanted it to do the outfit Louis showed with the blue shirt. I figured that wasn't enough of a reason to deprive someone who would wear it 2-3 times a week from catching her fish. I figured the most democratic way of getting it into another's hands was to cancel so that it would go to the first waitlist in line.

paying it forward is always a good karmic strategy!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

A backorder will normally process, but a wait list can be uncertain. The only good thing is that there is a wait list offered, and it doesn't show "sold out". Maybe if the buyers realize there are a lot of us on wait list for the silver fish, they will place a reorder. I hope so, at least.

I checked yesterday evening, and there were only 22 gold fish still available. I did order the gold fish, and placed the silver fish on wait list.

Honored Contributor

Just saw it. That is ugly. And it is not even silver.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/28/2014 Bungo said:

Just saw it. That is ugly. And it is not even silver.

Not up to me to convince you, but as I own the gold I can say that the picture doesn't even come close to what this looks like in real life.

Also, while you're entitled to your opinion blah, blah, blah, is there really a need to be nasty?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat