Honored Contributor

J-Lo Revives THAT Versace Dress in Milan

Jennifer Lopez is here with a flashback Friday for the ages ... bringing back THAT dress -- y'know the one from the 2000 Grammys, and this time it stole the show at Milan Fashion Week.

J Lo hit the runway at Versace's Spring 2020 show Friday in a recreated version of her iconic Versace grown from nearly 2 decades ago, resurrecting one of the most memorable fashion statements in history.

Jenny rocked the throwback look with Donatella Versace walking her down the runway ... and the crowd went absolutely bonkers. Excuse us while we pick our jaws up off the floor.

Easy to see why J Lo got a standing O in Milan ... she's every bit as stunning in the plunging green dress as she was back in the day, showing off her flawless figure and leaving little to the imagination!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: J-Lo Revives THAT Versace Dress in Milan

I know I'm terribly out of touch in my older age! I didn't see the first green "dress" but it sure doesn't look like one of the most memorable fashion statements in history to me! The current one doesn't either, but it's probably because I'm not a big fan of her or Hollywood in total. Just my opinion....

Respected Contributor

The parts of this dress that were missing is what made it so popular lol.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's a beautiful woman. I prefer the original dress over the new version. Was never a fan of the original but she sure had/has the body for it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Only a celebrity can pull this off. The dress is simply ridiculous in my opinion. Now as for Jennifer she is beautiful, and her body is amazing, so she looks fabulous. The dress itself is in poor taste. 

Honored Contributor

It seems for a long time in Hollywood, the in thing is to show as much as possible without going all the way of no clothes.

I would never wear anything like that no matter how old I was.

She is defnitely beautiful and has a great body but I agree with many here, that the dress is just trashy.

I think you have to have a certain kind of personality to not be uncomfortable in all this exhibitionism.

And I'm not "clutching my pearls!"

What a stupid phrase. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I like the dress better on Matt Lauer. Her fashion sense is hit or miss, imo.
Esteemed Contributor

LOL The dress has its own Wiki page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Versace_dress_of_Jennifer_Lopez

I guess I can’t be sure it was the original, but the dress was displayed in the lobby of her Vegas show, along with others she had worn.

Honored Contributor

Awful dress (both versions) but totally rockin body.

Honored Contributor

I just think it looks cheap..She could have worn something elegant ,and looked far better