Honored Contributor

Re: J Jason Wu Mixed Media Sweater

I like this style, but in wool or cotton and longer in length.  

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

looks like one i wore in high school.....and that was over 50 years ago!

@nana59 Everything old is new again! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have not been drawn to any of his clothes offered on the Q. The green sweater would not be something I would wear. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sixty dollars for this??? LOL. There is NOTHING special about this sweater or any of the clothing he designs/makes/sells. This sweater, like the rest of his collection, is OVERPRICED and UNDERWHELMING.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It looks nice but barely qualifies as "mixed media" in my book.  It's made of cotton and plastic (acrylic front and spandex back and sleeves).

Hey @ValuSkr  - Your post makes no sense...

Not sure what's in "your book" nor do I care, but this is the definition of it as it pertains to fashion. 

Mixed Media (in fashion speak) is the different material make-up of your clothes. Leather, silk, cotton, linen and so forth are all different media. And each of these can be constructed, woven or finished in a variety of ways.

Here is a DKNY mixed media top. It's not a new concept - many fashion designers and brands have offered mixed media fashions

F2CC677A-E244-4380-A88B-D3B94C64716B.jpeg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl   I'm only saying that the top is entirely cotton with different types of plastic woven into it (acrylic and spandex).  That may be "mixed media" to some people but not to me.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

It looks nice but barely qualifies as "mixed media" in my book.  It's made of cotton and plastic (acrylic front and spandex back and sleeves).

Not sure what's in "your book" nor do I care, but this is the definition of it as it pertains to fashion. 

Mixed Media (in fashion speak) is the different material make-up of your clothes. Leather, silk, cotton, linen and so forth are all different media. And each of these can be constructed, woven or finished in a variety of ways.

Here is a DKNY mixed media top. It's not a new concept - many fashion designers and brands have offered mixed media fashions

@Chi-town girl Love that sweater where did you find it?  I found this one at Nordstrom's that is really cute too.

DKNY SPORTSWEAR DKNY Mixed Media Top, Main, color, BLACK MULTI

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Chi-town girl   I'm only saying that the top is entirely cotton with different types of plastic woven into it (acrylic and spandex).  That may be "mixed media" to some people but not to me.

Ah... so you admit this IS a Mixed Media top/fashion...but  you have a made up definition, okay Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Chi-town girl Love that sweater where did you find it?  I found this one at Nordstrom's that is really cute too.

DKNY SPORTSWEAR DKNY Mixed Media Top, Main, color, BLACK MULTI

Oh @Pecky I like the one you have found.

The one I posted is from Macy's