Super Contributor

Re: J Jason Wu Fashions - June 4th TSV

A rayon span tank dress with tiers. 

I'm underwhelmed.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love it and the colors for summer. I bought the yellow and royal blue with matching sweaters.  I have a pink cardigan that I will also wear with the yellow dress. Ordered the petite since I am 5 ft 3 and a half. Based on the bust measurement I went with the large, but I normally wear a medium in tops. I hope it is not too big on top!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I love it and the colors for summer. I bought the yellow and royal blue with matching sweaters.  I have a pink cardigan that I will also wear with the yellow dress. Ordered the petite since I am 5 ft 3 and a half. Based on the bust measurement I went with the large, but I normally wear a medium in tops. I hope it is too big!!!!

@Calcgirl - the colors are so pretty - I'm having a hard time deciding

Definitely getting the pink dress and sweater and the blue or green

The sweaters will sell out early, I predict!

checking to see what other 'new' items will be available 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

That is a very nice summer dress.  Unfortunately, on my figure,

it wouldn't be that great.  

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

I love it and the colors for summer. I bought the yellow and royal blue with matching sweaters.  I have a pink cardigan that I will also wear with the yellow dress. Ordered the petite since I am 5 ft 3 and a half. Based on the bust measurement I went with the large, but I normally wear a medium in tops. I hope it is too big!!!!

Chi-town girl,  I agree, that is why I scooped up the sweaters.  I am also on the fence about the pink dress.   I am just concerned that I am ordering the correct size.  I did order based on the bust and waist measurements that are provided. I just hope it isn't too big on top.

Trusted Contributor

Susan, I don't know what body shape you are, but what I liked about this dress is that the ruffle or whatever you call it is on the bottom and not on the hips. also, the fullness at the hips would be forgiving on any body shape. I am pear shaped, so this works for me.  If you order, look at the garment sizing and order based on that.  I bet it would be cute on you!

Honored Contributor

I don't like anything about this dress.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

Chi-town girl,  I agree, that is why I scooped up the sweaters.  I am also on the fence about the pink dress.   I am just concerned that I am ordering the correct size.  I did order based on the bust and waist measurements that are provided. I just hope it isn't too big on top.

@Calcgirl - I'm ordering my usual Q size (small). I typically only size up if the item is woven.

It is a perfect summer dress. understand it's not a new design but it's also not the typical tier dress. Glad it's only 1 tier - not at waist or hip. 

Jason has discussed his deep involvement in this line - he selects the fabrics and he's spoken about his focus on details, which is evident with the pieces that I've bought from his line. 

I don't understand the snarky comments about 'designer' and how this line isn't designer. Can't imagine who would expect Q to offer 'designer' 😉 it's just the same ol' same ol" kavitching from the resident 'fashionistas' 🤣

I hope Katrina has a blast tonight and a highly successful event for Jason 🙏❤️ 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

Susan, I don't know what body shape you are, but what I liked about this dress is that the ruffle or whatever you call it is on the bottom and not on the hips. also, the fullness at the hips would be forgiving on any body shape. I am pear shaped, so this works for me.  If you order, look at the garment sizing and order based on that.  I bet it would be cute on you!

@Calcgirl  --BINGO! I agree about the placement of the tier. I think the recent D&C tier dress has multiple tiers 

Also love the square/rounded neckline, wider straps and the seaming detail of the tier 

Trusted Contributor

Like others have stated, I am confused on the shade of pink in this dress. It looks different in the videos, more of a melon color. I’m just going to wait and see it presented. I agree that it is not the typical ruffle tiered dress since it only has one tier. I don’t understand the criticism That it doesn’t like designer when we haven’t even seen it presented yet!