Respected Contributor

Re: Ivanka looked awesome in J Mendel!

She has an amazing figure and can wear anything well. But I have to agree with @tansy and @JaneMarple -- I am not fond of the dress.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't deceid if it looks like something Kitty would have worn in "Gunsmoke" or if it looks like something a Russian peasant would have worn in the early 1900's.   LOL

Regular Contributor

silver fox wrote: "I can't deceid if it looks like something Kitty would have worn in "Gunsmoke" or if it looks like something a Russian peasant would have worn in the early 1900's.   LOL" _________________ Oh definitely Russian lol!
Trusted Contributor

At least she found something that has sleeves.  She looks beautiful, but the $5500 price tag still doesn't do anything for me.

Honored Contributor

I usually like J Mendel a lot but I don't like this
Honored Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

I can't deceid if it looks like something Kitty would have worn in "Gunsmoke" or if it looks like something a Russian peasant would have worn in the early 1900's.   LOL

my FIRST thought was little house on the prairie, but i like your ideas also. Smiley Wink

didnt care for dress at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I usually think she looks great but this dress is hideous

Regular Contributor

Contrary to what another poster said, I don't find her in the least "Beautiful, smart, confident, classy and a true lady. A wonderful role-model for our youth.".

The dress is hideous, too. 

Honored Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

Best post of the day, LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm conditioned to really transition to colors for every season due to my experience working in fashion. Therefore, I find the color palette too 'Fall'. I like the detail of the dress shown closeup in the first pic but I also believe the style especially with the long sleeves and high neckline looks very Fall as well.

As someone who also very busty (32DD) like Ivanka, this style of dress doesn't usually work for me either. Most of the time it looks better in person but it gives a rather matronly sort of look. That's why I've learned that I look best with a lower neckline and a style that emphasizes my waist. 

This dress just covers her up way too much IMO especially for Spring/Summer. She always looks great (I'm not a fan but she is beautiful) but this dress is a miss for me. 

~Live with Intention~