Honored Contributor

Re: It went back already but why??

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo  I can so relate.  Sometimes I love a piece of clothing then when I get it home it is just not comfortable (design wise) on.  The duster is very beautiful and it is something I would have purchased, but might have the same issues.  My first thought was the tank underneath might be better in an ivory color or maybe LOGO's long sleeveless dress with the lace at the bottom.  If you aren't going to wear it, better to return it.  Have you taken a look at the Sundance catalogue/website.  They might have something you would like or at least some ideas regarding styling a duster.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

The proportion works for you, but the combination of color, material, and trim didn't suit you.  

If it isn't love........

Hug!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I agree. The duster is beautiful and the pile of work frightening.  I am also short and think that maybe it is in the area of being either too long or not long enough. I have one I love to wear but it comes just at the top of my knee.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're asking everyone to be gentle....it's that pile

of paper that scares me, what happened to this paperless society.

I like it on you, put your hair up, different sandals, you have a cute figure, it fits you, wish you wouldn't of packed it up so soon, you can wear this!

Also, is that a typewriter too??

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo the duster was beautiful but did not go with the rolled up capris and sandals. Also a more neutral tank underneath would have suited the garment better, I truly believe that you should have kept because in my opinion it looked very nice .

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I think it is a beautiful piece and that it looked amazing on you. It is probably not something that I would personally wear often but I can see it for a summer wedding over a yellow or taupe sheath dress.  It would be lovely.  But if you felt 'fussy' in it, it is best to return.

p.s. Is that a Selectric typewriter??  Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

I think it's the color of the duster that's not right for you. It washes you out. Beige is a hard color to wear as it can drain the color from you when it's so similar to your hair and skin color.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

I agree with those who think the outfit with the duster is just too "busy".  I would try the duster with a monochromatic base, like black leggings, tank and ballet flats.

I think the duster is competing with the other pieces.

Trusted Contributor

You have a cute figure and the length is good. There is just way too much going on in the photo. for me to tell.

I can see it on you with your hair up.

Lose the clothes underneath and wear a neutral tank and matching pant. Plain pumps or wedges. I think that you would look fabulous in this if styled correctly. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Frequent Contributor

I LOVE the duster and it looks good on you, however, I personally think the length is what is throwing it off, it either needs to be alot longer or much shorter, I feel as though it cuts you off and stops at a wierd length...imo though Smiley Happy