Honored Contributor

Re: It went back already but why??

I think it's too busy with the lace around the bottom and the pointy ends ( not sure what to call them).  It fits you well.

Honored Contributor

I like it.  I think you might need to try it on with something more more business casual instead.  I like that it is near the same color of you hair as well.  Have you tried it with black which, I think, given the color of your hair and the duster would be "stunning."

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo ~ I read this "somewhere" a while ago, and find it rings true...

Advice is what we ask for when we already know

the answer, but wish we didn't...

Erica Jong...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks ladies. I like it too but it is busy I think less around the neckline and all the way down and just less of the embroidery would have made a huge Improvement. But the bottom line is I want it to go with whatever I put it over.  it shouldn't be this difficult!

I forgot to mention though that it's all good. The money I saved sending the duster back,  as well as a horrid shirt that just wasn't what it looked like at all, I used to donate to the Red Cross! Thanks again QVC for making it so easy

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo: definitely was NOT you. The duster was kind of pretty but very fussy. I can't imagine where you would wear it, ot with what. Too much effort for a piece of clothing.. Youi gotta love it from the get-go, or back IT goes!

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo, I like it on you too, not with what you're wearing, but I think it's a pretty piece, it looks nice on you.

Respected Contributor

Though it's not my "style", I can put that aside. I think the only way to carry that off is to have very light colors underneath it, nothing dark. (Lots going on too, almost to the point of distracting. If I have to "work" at liking or wearing an article of clothing it's a no go for me. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

It's pretty but too frilly to go with those jeans and sandals.  Might have looked better with long pants or long jeans and a dressier sandal.

Trusted Contributor

@AndreatooI think it's a really pretty duster and it looks and fits great on you.

But it is quite sheer, has a lot of design going on and I think it would clash with most clothing items.

I could see it over a light color simple dress but that's about it.

Respected Contributor

I like the duster quite a bit and you look good in them.  It's the beige color.  I think you can pull off just about any color under the sun but that shade of beige like me (even though it's my favorite color can't do it). Taupes, whites a different story, no problem.  Us fair pale faces just can't pull it off. Nudes, light beiges look best on olive and dark skin tones.

And I think it needs to be worn with a soft matching like color, that's why nothing is working when you are trying to put other colors underneath.  I have tried this myself with my pale beiges.  Tone on tone, it could be quite elegant. Woman Happy