Valued Contributor

Re: It went back already but why??

I think it looks like the fabric isn't as "flowy" as you would like.  Appears a little stiff at the bottom.  It is a very pretty piece, but not sure how practical, as I don't know your lifestyle.  Have you tried Soft Surroundings for that flowy look?

PS - I think you as so brave to post your outfit pictures.  Kudos to you!

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo

I have the same problem with dusters.  I finally figured out that I feel like I look better with a monochromatic top and bottom, especially if they're sheer.  Personally, I think you look fabulous in it.  I understand about things not feeling right.  Ten different people can tell you how wonderful you look, but if you aren't feeling it no one can convince you.

Occasional Contributor

Andrea, I think your hair is competing with it. Your hair has a lot of texture, just like the duster, plus your hair is about the same color as the duster.

It is not your height. I think the duster is proportioned well for you.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

I love the duster but think it needs to be paired with a lightweight chiffon-like fabric.  Also an upswept hairdo with tendrils would give a nice neck and shoulder line. I'd wear a plain, more delicate shoe.

I do not think you are too short for a duster.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone already said this and I agree, too busy & it has way too much going on. Plus it's too much the same as your hair color, your hair and it blend together into one.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I love it; just beautiful!  And it looks great on you.  You don't give yourself enough credit.  

Respected Contributor

Since the duster is ornate I think something plain and one color under it, would look nice.  And I think the shoes should be plain too.  Snazzy but no decorations.  The duster would be the star.

Respected Contributor

I think it looks great on you, but if you don't...that's all that matters.  I definitely think you can rock a duster.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

It's not your height or the sleeve...you do dusters very well.

It looks big under your arm, possibly making it seem overwhelming (could be just the way you're holding the front of it).

I don't see ethereal...I see what a few others mentioned...too busy...overdone...fussy (vs. ethereal).   And it doesn't look all that flowy (was it flowy/have movement in real life?...could have been just the pic).

I would have said it might look better under lighter colors/clothes, but you said you tried everything, and it didn't work.   

I think the color is wrong for you...maybe if it had been olive!  Smiley Tongue

Bottom line:   It just didn't work for you for whatever reason...you made the right decision in my book.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

To my eye, it looks a little too Victorian with too many frills to wear with jeans and a tee.  I think it would e hard to find something it would be appropriate with.  It looks fine on you, it's not your height.  It's just a hard piece to style.  I'd have returned it too because I doubt I'd wear it much if at all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment