Honored Contributor

It went back already but why??

I still like it! But it just doesn't work on me! Why isn't working? Must I concede it's my height?? (I'm loathe to do that)

I have quite a few dramatic/duster length pieces but the others are all sleeveless..Is it sleeves? Is it overwhelming me?

I just wanted something flowy and ethereal, something light weight and pretty to throw over a tank and jeans perhaps...even a dress...

Where does it go wrong?? Be gentle!

nay duster.jpgnay duster2.jpg

I had no intention of wearing it with what I have on underneath I just took some pics before the postman showed up to take it away to get some feedback....

It's fine if you don't like it but 'because it's ugly' isn't useful to me......

Valued Contributor

Re: It went back already but why??

I like it, it's gorgeous on you. I just don't like it with the pants and shoes. That really throws the proportions off.

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray

I tried it on with near EVERYTHING I own! lol

I couldn't seem to get it right....It is very pretty though huh? I was disappointed

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I still like it! But it just doesn't work on me! Why isn't working? Must I concede it's my height?? (I'm loathe to do that)

I have quite a few dramatic/duster length pieces but the others are all sleeveless..Is it sleeves? Is it overwhelming me?

I just wanted something flowy and ethereal, something light weight and pretty to throw over a tank and jeans perhaps...even a dress...

Where does it go wrong?? Be gentle!

nay duster.jpgnay duster2.jpg

I had no intention of wearing it with what I have on underneath I just took some pics before the postman showed up to take it away to get some feedback....

It's fine if you don't like it but 'because it's ugly' isn't useful to me......

It's definitely not you @Andreatoo!  I think it would have looked much different with a solid light colored dress or top & pants all the same color underneath.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I love it and looks very nice on you.  I know it's a cliche but it really is something that can be casual or very dressy depending on how you styled.  It looked good with your jeans.  But if you didn't like, you were right to return it.

Honored Contributor

I like the duster.........but the pile of work on the desk is pretty frightening (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Sheilaray

I tried it on with near EVERYTHING I own! lol

I couldn't seem to get it right....It is very pretty though huh? I was disappointed

I think it must all boil down to you were just not comfortable in it. Shame, 'cause it looks great!   I can't wear anything I am not comforable in no matter how cute.

Respected Contributor

I think it looks nice but maybe with a different outfit.  Something not so casual.  Perhaps a topper for a plain dress (if you wear dresses).

Trusted Contributor

i have to say you made me laugh with the "be gentle" and "because it's ugly" isn't useful to me, part of your post. 😄

now, you definitely can carry a duster. no doubt there. but i didn't like the design at all. i think you can find something lightweight and almost ethereal looking, without all that lace and pointy hem. it looked too busy imo. 

Respected Contributor

It doesn't look natural....it looks too fussy....I like your sandals