Super Contributor

Re: It went back already but why??

I see too many contrasts--the lightness of the duster (meaning the color AND the sheerness of the fabric) vs. the dark clothing underneath.  My eye just doesn't know where to land. I like the duster and the color of it. I think it's a good color for you. I like the outfit underneath. I don't like seeing the outfit competing with the duster.  I like seeing outfit combinations with different elements/eras. It's interesting. In this case you've got 2 strong looks going on and instead of complementing one another, they are competing for the viewers attention. I would love to see a repeat with the duster in black.  Hoping this is the type of feedback you were looking for. I admire your willingness to ask for feedback on something that doesn't feel quite right to you.  That's risky and not easy to do.  Cheers!
Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@MacDUFFNo enablers needed here...I can do bad all by myself! As I remember I saw that duster on evine but then saw this one on hsn and I couldn't decide. Both so darn pretty..

Image result for LaBellum by Hillary Scott Lace Topper with Scalloped Hem

@silkyk

I really like this duster.

@Andreatoo

I know the duster is already history but I thought the fit was nice.  I was at a wedding where a guest wore a similar one with a sleeveless black palazzo jumpsuit in a sheerer, lightweight fabric over a nude liner.  She looked fabulous.

I watched the video on Evine and couldn't believe they didn't pair this duster with something other than casul clothes.  It looked like the models had thrown it over whatever they were wearing.  Your duster looked to be a better quality than the ones they showed.

Honored Contributor

@dsw503

the outfit underneath is moot.

As I stated from the first post I only threw it on for perspective BUT ideally it, the duster, would go with just about anything.

I couldn't get it to work with a single thing I tried regardless of color or shape.

Esteemed Contributor

...I'm just not sure it's your "type", which is why many people are saying you look good and they like it, but you simply don't. Even though you think you want something ethereal, maybe you simply aren't ethereal. If that makes sense?

@Alter Ego

It makes sense to me, and I thought it was a very good point.   It's hard to claim to "know" someone online, but I have a sense that @Andreatoo is a little bit "leather and lace!"   Down-to-earth and ethereal.   (I'm trying to categorize my fashion "type"...I think it's changing due to age and semi-retirement...so your post caught my eye.)

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

I know Andrea looks great in many items, but I doubt anyone would look right in this.  It reminds me of a chenille bedspread, or old lace & net curtains. 

MHO!

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
So, I'm trying to remember some of your outfits on the "What are you Wearing" thread. Although I look almost daily, I'm certainly no expert in your individual style. That being said - I'm just not sure it's your "type", which is why many people are saying you look good and they like it, but you simply don't. Even though you think you want something ethereal, maybe you simply aren't ethereal. If that makes sense?

@Alter Ego

Interesting perspective...but I look at the picture and I still LIKE the duster; just not on me! I think it's a combination of things not the least of which is just too much heavy embroidery! I was just saying a week or so ago that texture, to me, behaves like a print and doesn't always go with something even when the color is right.

I like basic and structure. Sometimes a little soft with the hard or as @MacDUFF describes it; leather and lace...