Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

i'm a leveler for sure.  people think i'm abrupt until they get to know me.  i don'yt know if i'm a sharpener when writing or not.  i'm not crazy about writing, but i do it.

Respected Contributor

@MomCat

your post made me chuckle. 

my husband has a tendency to be long winded and i used to, but have stopped myself from interrupting him.  he's just a very laid back guy and takes his time!

Valued Contributor

What about a trio: DG, SK, and SG?  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@brii wrote:

DG's voice has some sort of quality to it that hypnotizes me.  LOL

I cannot look away from the TV when she's on. 

Remember the Seinfeld episode when Mary Hart's voice used to make Kramer have seizures?!  Woman LOL

That was hilarious. 

Valued Contributor

Nope, you aren't rude. I am a bullet point type of person married to someone who gives dissertations on topics. 

Honored Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

What about a trio: DG, SK, and SG?  

LOL!

I picture the 3 of them in some social setting all trying to hold court simultaneously....

(and all the other guests just sitting there with their mouths hanging open)

Trusted Contributor

Another vendor I love (so do not take me wrong) that is so 'talkative' is someone who makes faux furs. The beautiful throws he made for the TSV the other day was a long day for the hosts, I assume. Some hosts get into an overtalk situation with him, some just let him ramble and try to insert the important specs when they can.

Leah did a fabulous job of letting him continue rambling, yet moved him from spot to spot by just taking his hand and he would just walk along with her, still talking. It was so funny! Clearly the control room would direct her to move to the couch, or move to where all the throws are hanging, etc. so she just moved him without any disrespect to him, at all.

He never took a breathe, but she managed to be polite and keep the show rolling. Great job to Leah!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@MomCat@islandgrrl,

Funny!!! Woman LOL  In communication, there are two kinds of people, Levelers and Sharpeners. Levelers tell a 30-min story in two minutes. Sharpeners take 30 minutes to tell a two-minute story. I am SO a Leveler, but know many Sharpeners (yawn). Funny thing, I tend to sharpen when I am writing, but never talking.

Thank you for summarizing what I've been thinking for so many years!  I never thought of it that way, and your description is perfect!

I am a Leveler (talking AND writing).  I used to work/write in a press office, so learned to get to the point quickly.

Not surprisingly,  I cannot tolerate Sharpeners.  Many more people in my world must be Sharpeners. 

Like someone else said, I often find myself thinking "kill me now" when they go off on a long journey.  Who has the patience to listen to so much babble?  Not me.  Further, they often talk.....very......slowly, which is even more maddening.

Give me a fast talking Levelor every time.

Back to the original point:

A contest of DG, SK and SG....now that would be something I could tune into for the entertainment value alone!

Valued Contributor

Do you remember those special shows where they had several vendors on at once?  They would all be sitting in chairs, sort of like a talk show,  with one host as moderator.  Can't remember what they called them, but they obviously didn't work, (or we would still be seeing them.) Can you imagine such a show with the top three talkers (DG, SK, and SG) fighting for the mike?  Kind of reminds me of the presidential candidate debates!

Honored Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

Do you remember those special shows where they had several vendors on at once?  They would all be sitting in chairs, sort of like a talk show,  with one host as moderator.  Can't remember what they called them, but they obviously didn't work, (or we would still be seeing them.) Can you imagine such a show with the top three talkers (DG, SK, and SG) fighting for the mike?  Kind of reminds me of the presidential candidate debates!

It's likely that the Q discontinued that b/c it was a competition of egos!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~