Respected Contributor

@Colinka

i remember those shows and sg was on them along with laura geller and several others.  they would have both beauty and clothing vendors and usually two hosts.  this is long before sk's time, but i could see this maybe working.  it sort of was like a ladies night out situation.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I agree there is a growing lack of civility.  We see it on TV (especially news shows) and we certainly see it on internet forums and social media where being anonymous allows people to disregard one another.

What happens on a shopping channel (stepping on each other's sentences, being hyperbolic etc) isn't quite as offensive to me -- but if I am not in the right frame of mind, it gets on my last nerve and I have to move on to something else.

News shows are the pitts.  Today GMA was in full blast, everone talking at once, promoting false news (their dance shows) on and on.  It seems like hard news takes a back seat.

Honored Contributor

@brii  I agree about the headache.  I just change the channel.  I often forget what I was going to say so when it comes to my daughters they know me and I'll say, "Sorry for interrupting" but you know if I don't say it now, I'll forget it".  They understand and it's OK.

I would never do that to anyone.  Two people talking at the same time is terrible.  I agree you see it on TV all of the time now.  I agree also that there are many people now who think things are OK because they see it on TV.  The are idiots, but that's another topic!

There are 2 hosts in particular (I will not say) who constantly talk over and interrupt everyone.  I just change the channel.

Respected Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

Do you remember those special shows where they had several vendors on at once?  They would all be sitting in chairs, sort of like a talk show,  with one host as moderator.  Can't remember what they called them, but they obviously didn't work, (or we would still be seeing them.) Can you imagine such a show with the top three talkers (DG, SK, and SG) fighting for the mike?  Kind of reminds me of the presidential candidate debates!

I remember those shows.  They were called Buzz something or another (like Buzz on Fashion).  It was just an obnoxious mess with everyone talking over each other.  That was bad enough, but when you got all of them that were loud mouths to begin with, it was just awful to listen to.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Unfortunately, I am married to someone who I have to interrupt all the time.  He doesn't like it, but honestly he talks in such detail with long drawn out stories, I would probably pass out if I waited for him to get to the end.  So, I'm the one who is rude????  I think he's rude for trying to bore me to death.  LOL 

**********************************************When DH does that and has explained something "until the cows come home", I just say  "TURN THE PAGE"!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Here we go again...notice the date of my OP:

‎11-18-2015 11:10 AM

I am watching LOGO from Monday night... would love to "wade" thru and get the colors I'd like and a top short enough (27") for a petite. Love Amy's top she had on at the beginning of the show Monday night.

It is really, really annoying for people to interrupt each other. My complaint is not only for this show.

Interrupting (stepping on another's personal space) is happening more often... people on television "ramrod" each other to get their point across... even if it means rudely (yes, it is so RUDE -- it appears to be obviously done to shut the other person up). I will now include the initials of another person on another network who does the same -- DG.

It doesn't impress me, it doesn't make me want to purchase from a vendor or host who does this...it just doesn't do anything positive at all.

IT IS RUDE!

And television DOES tend to influence people's behavior in society... so, why do adults, teens and others interrupt each other ... why don't they listen to each other... think about role models.

It is still happening??? (And why do I still have the TV on?)

I would like to say a word in Amy's defense. She handles the vendor she is paired with very well, IMO. I think this designer would like to railroad everyone. It makes me think of someone who has always gotten her way by being pushy. I will copy this and place it in the appropriate forum.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

I am so glad you posted this information again! Thank you! Have been trying to remember them!

I am a Leveler when talking, too. It is beyond my scope to elaborate when speaking.

When writing (essays) I had to learn how to increase the length of my writing (additional adjectives/supporting facts).

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~