Honored Contributor

I am watching LOGO from Monday night... would love to "wade" thru and get the colors I'd like and a top short enough (27") for a petite.  Love Amy's top she had on at the beginning of the show Monday night.

It is really, really annoying for people to interrupt each other.  My complaint is not only for this show.

Interrupting (stepping on another's personal space) is happening more often... people on television "ramrod" each other to get their point across... even if it means rudely (yes, it is so RUDE -- it appears to be obviously done to shut the other person up).  I will now include the initials of another person on another network who does the same -- DG.

It doesn't impress me, it doesn't make me want to purchase from a vendor or host who does this...it just doesn't do anything positive at all.

IT IS RUDE!  

And television DOES tend to influence people's behavior in society... so, why do adults, teens and others interrupt each other ... why don't they listen to each other... think about role models.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I agree there is a growing lack of civility.  We see it on TV (especially news shows) and we certainly see it on internet forums and social media where being anonymous allows people to disregard one another.

What happens on a shopping channel (stepping on each other's sentences, being hyperbolic etc) isn't quite as offensive to me -- but if I am not in the right frame of mind, it gets on my last nerve and I have to move on to something else.

Honored Contributor

I think the reason/excuse they give on TV  for interrupting is they have to, above all, stay within time constraints.

Super Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I am watching LOGO from Monday night... would love to "wade" thru and get the colors I'd like and a top short enough (27") for a petite.  Love Amy's top she had on at the beginning of the show Monday night.

It is really, really annoying for people to interrupt each other.  My complaint is not only for this show.

Interrupting (stepping on another's personal space) is happening more often... people on television "ramrod" each other to get their point across... even if it means rudely (yes, it is so RUDE -- it appears to be obviously done to shut the other person up).  I will now include the initials of another person on another network who does the same -- DG.

It doesn't impress me, it doesn't make me want to purchase from a vendor or host who does this...it just doesn't do anything positive at all.

IT IS RUDE!  

And television DOES tend to influence people's behavior in society... so, why do adults, teens and others interrupt each other ... why don't they listen to each other... think about role models.

In normal everyday conversation it's very rude.  In the context of a host and vendor trying to get in all the information they can within the brief time allotted, it's less of an irritant to me.   That being said, there are some hosts that interrupt and talk over vendors to make the presentation about THEM.   In fact, I was really appalled at one recent presentation where the vendor stood there twittling her thumbs while the host barely let her get in a word edgewise. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I think the reason/excuse they give on TV  for interrupting is they have to, above all, stay within time constraints.

And give updates on how many are "flying out the door."

Honored Contributor

It gives me a headache with people talk over each other.  I don't enjoy that at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, I seriously had to quit watching DG when she is on HSN, there is no one on the Q who gets under my skin like she does. I bet the hosts hate it when they are scheduled to present with her. Sometimes I feel like I could be "friends" with a host or vendor, never had that feeling about DG. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon@MaggieMack@brii@redngold@Pearlee

You know that thing they do when they interrupt the vendor to say "Oh, Oh, just a minute, the (red) are almost sold out" (etc)  That is not their fault... someone at the Q thinks this is OK ... to MAKE the host interrupt to give updates.

(Although if a vendor is talking non-stop rudely, maybe it is warranted?)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

The Phone lines are jammed.....LOL!      I remember one male  host years ago who always said "ThePhone Lines are Clogged".......I always thought of a clogged toliet!

Respected Contributor

there is definitely an art to being a good listener and not interrupting.

on tv i guess they do have their time restraints, but i do agree that some are mighty rude in not letting another finish their sentence.  there is no excuse for that.