Honored Contributor

Re: It’s That Time of Year...

I don't wear white anyway. I don't care for it and it doesn't flatter me. I'm not sure that I would wear white after Labor Day even if I wanted to, I'm ready for fall.🍁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

The original No White rule is over 100 yrs old.

Circa 1900 Brooks Brothers decreed "No White Shoes After Labor Day"  and  through the years white clothing was included in that rule.

The reason for the "rule" was the nouveau riche joined country clubs where established members were old money.  when they went shopping for new country club duds, the newly rich looked like rubes wearing black shoes with a light- colored dress or suit.

i wear white into September or October unless it's super cold or rainy.

Honored Contributor

Most of my optic white items are for hot weather.  As long as the weather s hot, I will continue to wear them.

Fall doesn't arrive until September 22 anyway, Labor Day is just that...Labor Day and not the end to summer.

Honored Contributor

I'm old school. I'm wearing and getting all of my while clothes and shoes and purses out of my system until next Monday, then I store everything away. I love doing this! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Arizona and those rules don't matter. I don't wear white any time of the year because I just don't like white. Heck, I don't even wear white underwear. But back to the topic at hand. We wear white all year. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the midwest w/ 4 distinct seasons.  However, if the temps hit 80+ in September, I'm still going to wear white.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I do not wear white bottoms before Labor Day no reason to wear them after Labor day 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Interesting.  I thought that conversation petered out years ago.  I'm genuinely surprised it's still a discussion whether to wear white or not after Labor Day.  Wear white anytime.  For me, it's the fabric, not the color.  White denim jeans - yes.  White gauze pants -- no. 

Honored Contributor

Do we really have to?   What other info would you need?  Either you do or don't.  

I never wear white shoes anyway.

Honored Contributor

I prefer to dress for fall and winter then spring and summer but I live in Florida! LOL that goes for the color scheme too although I wear black and white all year round

I prefer the way an optic white looks on me to a cream or winter white

I just purchased two beautiful longsleeved crisp white blouses from JJill at deep discounts. Funny because I don't like most of their clothing but their blouses were lovely!