Esteemed Contributor

Re: It’s That Time of Year...

If I lived in the tropics, I'd have a different opinion.  But I live where we have 4 distinct seasons and I wait to wear white pants/skirts after Easter in the spring, and stop wearing white after Labor Day.  I will wear white tennies or sneakers in spring and fall, and I wear white blouses or sweaters in winter.  But white pants, jeans, suits, skirts are different.

I don't follow "the experts" -- oh no, these are ideas that my mother ingrained in me!  She was quite opinionated about seasonal clothing. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

The only white bottoms that I own are shorts and a golf skort, so I'd look pretty silly wandering around Michigan in them in October. I will take them along when I head for the beach in a few weeks, and just leave them there until I come back north next spring. 

Not a fan of white shoes, sandals or purses, so I've nothing to worry about there. I do have a pair of white golf shoes. Those will probably go south with me as well. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I live in Arizona and those rules don't matter. I don't wear white any time of the year because I just don't like white. Heck, I don't even wear white underwear. But back to the topic at hand. We wear white all year. 

@Meowingkitty 

Funny you should mention undergarments. I dislike white underwear & bras. I prefer creams, beiges, and even colors. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Interesting.  I thought that conversation petered out years ago.  I'm genuinely surprised it's still a discussion whether to wear white or not after Labor Day.  Wear white anytime.  For me, it's the fabric, not the color.  White denim jeans - yes.  White gauze pants -- no. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

Some conversations never go away, because people continue to have different opinions on them. 😉 I realize this one comes up all the time. That’s why I used 😱 in my original post. I am not telling anyone what they can or can’t wear. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Do we really have to?   What other info would you need?  Either you do or don't.  

I never wear white shoes anyway.

@rms1954 

No one has to participate in the discussion if they don’t want to. Just passing time on the boards by starting threads & asking people to reply.