Respected Contributor

Re: It's SHOPAHOLICS Sunday!

PS - Good to ""see"" you Val - where you been hiding out?

Esteemed Contributor

Val--It is so good to see you posting. I agree that the Duraflame is a great deal. The tower space heater works better for me as it takes up less space. I'm just interested in the heat and not the flame effects since I'm limited in space where I could put it. The tower space heater I got from Amazon produces as much heat and is half the price.

Arlene--Your pizza has made me hungry. I have things in the house to eat but the pizza sounds better. I'm tempted to order a carry out of a personal size pizza. They didn't have the smaller pizzas at the local supermarket when I was there.

This has been a very long day. I have no idea if I'm working tomorrow but if I don't, I plan to head to the city. I have had enough of being in the house for the week end, but it is a way to getting adjusted to the entrapment caused by winter and icy snow covered crooked roads, in which you almost meet yourself as you go around a curvel

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, there's a Hungry Howie's about a mile away that has a personal sized pizza for only $3, plus a little more for toppings. They have different flavored crusts, and I love their Asiago cheese. Today, though, I made my own using naan for the crust - it makes for a very nice one. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I got those little peppers from Aldi and sliced one on it, and added pepperoni and a six cheese Italian blend. Very nice!

Esteemed Contributor

Good to see you posting Val. Glad you love and use your heater.

You are correct, I wanted a similar heater they had as a TSV last year. Believe me, if I could find a place to put the heater, it would be mine. Unfortunately, almost every inch of wall space is taken, and I can't think of anything to get rid of. Like Jean, I have one of those tower heaters which I keep in the storage room until it is cooler here. So, it really isn't the heat so much as the look of a fireplace. I had fireplaces in my previous houses, but not this one. Oh well.....

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--The appearance of the TSV is great but when it comes to having room along the walls, it is not reasonable. On the other hand, the tower space heater puts out the same amount of heat and doesn't take require as much room. I agree that the Duraflame looks great but I have to deal with space limitations.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.