Respected Contributor

Good morning, everyone!

It's 7:15 a.m. I finally got the longer paper I had to do completed, and I'm headed off to bed...I just couldn't resist the chance to beat all of you in starting the thread so early! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I have one more paper to complete later today, but it's only about half the length of this one and it's on my favorite subject: Bible prophecy.

Actually, the papers themselves don't take all that long to write, it's the doggone formatting that's a PITA - were it not for that I'd be through in to time at all, but everything has to be cited and footnoted. (sigh)

Obviously, I'm not making it to church today.

Hope you all have a great day; think of me slaving away here!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's SHOPAHOLICS Sunday!

Arlene, thank you for starting the thread. You'll be getting that work done with the bigger paper successfully completed. Citations and footnoting do take time and then there are the differences in the preferred methods of doing it.

It is 35 degrees right now, up from the 33 when I got up at 7am. I have no idea what I'll be doing today. At least, it is sunny.

I finally decided to hit the submit button on that ten inch tablet and cover I've had in the Amazon cart for days.

I did take the time to change my credit card info on the Q site and the easy pays I had already set up under the old number.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

FHG, I went to bed at 9:30 last evening & woke up at 4:30 & couldn't go back to sleep. I got up for good at 6:30 a.m. & went to mom's at 6:45 for the first eye drop session. That was my 1st mistake of the day. She had apparently been reading the eye drop instructions from our local clinic & told me that I was doing the right eye all wrong. Tthe instructions say 1 drop in R. eye twice a day (morning & evening). She saw where it said 3 drops in R. eye. That is what the eye Dr. put into her R. eye on Friday. Back over at 9:00 then off to church. Back home at 11:00 for more eye drops & then hopefully off to our fireman's wonderful pancake breakfast.

I just put wash in as it is sunny and I want to hang out as it will be in the mid 50's with a nice breeze. Nothing else today that is exciting for sure.

Probably hot tub & nap time this afternoon. Her neighbor is going over at 3:00 p.m. for an eye drop so that will be nice. Mom has an eye appt. on Tuesday so we all hope that the eye drop schedule will be more manageable for all of us. DH went over last night late as I can't stay up that long anymore. I am better in the morning when DH isn't used to getting up early & starting his day.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, DH covered the tomato plants last evening as they said 31 degrees overnight. It didn't frost but it is only in the mid 30's & will be mid 50's today. It is sunny out so that is always a welcome sight. Good for you for getting the new tablet. I know you use your other one a lot so this should be a good addition for you.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Arlene - Thank you for starting us today, hope you get some sleep. One thing I do not miss is writing papers, I always hated that.

Jean - Have fun with your new tablet when you get it, I am sure you will enjoy it. Is this an early Christmas present from Midnight?

Twinny - Hope all goes well with your mom, glad you have good weather to dry clothes.

Not much going on here today, not quite sure what I want to do versus what I need to do. I did find a new pair of jean at Kohls yesterday, I need to wash and dry them before I get them hemmed and I do need to start swapping out the summer and fall clothes. Actually, I need to get the cold weather coats out also, it was cold going to breakfast this morning. Guess I should not complain too much, at least it is sunny out today.

Well off to do something constructive around here, hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--I can use Midnight as an excuse for an early Christmas present. The 7 inch is good for travel; I want to use the 10 inch in place of my laptop and use the laptop only when I want to do fancy work with Microsoft Office, etc. I also have a laser printer that is still excellent so I don't want to buy a new one that is wireless, etc.

Twinny--I do hope that when your mother goes back for the eye appointment that you will have a new routine that is easier on all involved. Enjoy the pancake breakfast; it sounds yummy. Enjoy the relaxing hot tub; it is a great stress reliever.

I need to change some light bulbs. This means that I need to go to the garage and drag in the ladder. Might as well do it while I'm thinking of it or it will get postponed again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Arlene. Glad you finished that longer paper. I don't think I would do well staying up that late doing a paper. My eyes seem to turn off after midnight (blurry). Sorry you can't make it to church today. I missed last Sunday since I needed to drive DH's DD to the airport.

Congratulations on your new tablet Jean. Is it a Samsung? Not that I need a new tablet or anything, but I am interested in what you purchase since you seem to know quite a bit about electronics.

Really sounds cold there. We are having very warm/hot weather. I think it will get cooler this week, but still very warm compared to where you live (highs in the 80's and lows in the 50's). Which brings me to the TSV -- I so want to buy one of those heaters. But, this purchase would be a total impulse. We do get cool or even cold weather sometimes, but far less than most places. And, I simply don't have room for this heater -- believe me, I have been thinking about his for a while. LOL

I saw your FB post about vegetarianism, and it brought to mind a dish I made for dinner last night -- quinoa, black beans, sweet potatoes, etc. It really wasn't that tasty, which was a disappointment. I made a lot, so we will have it at least once more, however.

Hi twinny -- you are really having trials with your Mom. I really hope you have fun at the pancake breakfast today, and your Mom's eyes and drop schedule improves.

Glad it is sunny there Susan. Hope you get a bunch done today, but don't overtax yourself.

I did make it to the pool yesterday afternoon, and it was great. Not crowded, and I was able to do my sort of laps with no problems. There were a few of my friends/acquaintances there, and that was nice as well.

Other than going to the gym after church and ironing, not much planned here.

Waves to Kathleen, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, Nancy, Gayle, Jules, Sonya, Val, Kathy, Gina, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 in the 10.1 size. I already have a Samsung Tab 2 in the 7 inch size and like it very much. It goes with me on my travels and often to work. I wanted a bigger one for the bigger screen to use often in place of the laptop. It wasn't a need but a sheer want. I was pleased with the Tab 2 but before I bought again, I read various reviews. I didn't need a high end business tablet. I narrowed the choices down based upon what was offered with the tablet. My hunch went with the Samsung Tab 4 in the 10.1 size. I do, however, have a former student who is a computer expert and is one of ZDNet's featured writers and also gives seminars across the country. He endorsed the Samsung for my needs. I prefer android tablets and this one uses KitKat and has 16gb of memory expandable to 64gb. I had considered the new Kindle Fire HDX to be released but the only feature of it that appealed to me was the free streaming of videos for Prime members. I can stream videos to my TV which I'm doing right now with my Roku.

I changed the light bulbs in the back area and have replaced the ladder in the garage. I'm back to streaming "Under the Dome" from Amazon.

I'm not interested in the TSV but I did buy a tower space heater from Amazon last year that saved me when the HVAC died. At that time, it was hard to get another one of the type I liked. I decided to buy another one from Amazon to have on hand should it be needed. It is also 1500 watts and is much cheaper than the Duraflame, although I admit the Duraflame looks good. I just want heat if needed at a good price.

Contributor

Linda, I think you should get the heater! If I'm right, you felt the same way when this heater was offered last year, but you didn't purchase it. Seems to me that it's going to keep calling your name until you make it yours. I have a similar one in our cabin, and use it frequently. Our furnace runs on propane, and that is quite expensive. Speaking of heaters, I finally had to turn mine on last night. Seems like I was running the AC only 2 weeks ago and today it was 42 degrees when I woke up!
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, I just got up, fed the critters, and have a pizza in the oven - I deserve it after all that hard work. It went down to 40° last night and it was COLD - I wore a new pair of long PJs but was too tired/lazy to dig out a blanket, so I wore a robe which, with my quilt, was sufficient. Fortunately that was a fluke - it's going back to the 70s during the day and 60s at night.

Jean, I love my Fire and do a lot with it; I listen to either radio programs or Pandora when I go to bed at night, check the weather on it all the time, and - given my interest in the news - check that first thing in the morning, as well as my own website. I find the mini golf game, hidden object games, and jigsaw puzzles, relaxing, and I even read books on it sometimes! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I did find that free book program, BTW; thank you, and love your cartoon.

Hope you enjoy your new tablet. I did check Amazon to see how much the one I was interested in is, and it's over $1,000. As generous as my bears are (the kitties are very greedy), that's far more than they get in their allowance. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I also looked at the Fire phone, not that I use my phone all that much - the reviews for it are awful.

Still praying for your, twinny - I know how hard it is to be a caretaker. Make sure you don't neglect yourself!

Susan, I really enjoy writing the papers, especially when the subject matter is so interesting, but I could do without the formatting and citations - that takes as much time as the paper itself does.

Well, my pizza is done; after I eat I'm going to proof the paper I completed last night, take the dogs for a walk, then get to work on the last one.

Have a blessed day, everyone!