Super Contributor

Re: It's Not a 'Maxi' Skirt, QVC

Grace, I am 5'9 and like my maxis to the ankle but, to my knowledge, Louis has never done one that long. I suppose he hoping to appeal to a wider audience and that super long maxi mostly works for us tall women or those willing to wear really high heels. My SIL just got this skirt and is thrilled with it. She is a few inches shorter and does not care for the super long length. For her it is the perfect "maxi". Sorry you were disappointed.
Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2014 Debbie1426 said: Grace, I am 5'9 and like my maxis to the ankle but, to my knowledge, Louis has never done one that long. I suppose he hoping to appeal to a wider audience and that super long maxi mostly works for us tall women or those willing to wear really high heels. My SIL just got this skirt and is thrilled with it. She is a few inches shorter and does not care for the super long length. For her it is the perfect "maxi". Sorry you were disappointed.

Debbie1426, here's one A239318 and here's another A233970. I own them both and they go to the ankle. Love those skirts!!

Honored Contributor

Both those posted skirts GraceCo are about 40"" in length. The original skirt you posted about has an length of 34"".

I hope that you have better luck next time when Louis offers longer length skirts.

I noticed that the LCNY line has longer length regular (not petite sized) maxi dresses (54"" vs. the 51"" that LDO usually has for his maxi dresses).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Both those posted skirts GraceCo are about 40" in length. The original skirt you posted about has an length of 34".

I hope that you have better luck next time when Louis offers longer length skirts.

I noticed that the LCNY line has longer length regular (not petite sized) maxi dresses (54" vs. the 51" that LDO usually has for his maxi dresses).

JustJazzmom, I posted the two skirts in answer to Debbie's comment that Louis does not offer maxi skirts to the ankle, which he does, and thought she might be interested in them for herself. Great skirts.

Honored Contributor

Ok. Smiley Happy

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

On 3/15/2014 GraceCO said:
On 3/15/2014 Debbie1426 said: Grace, I am 5'9 and like my maxis to the ankle but, to my knowledge, Louis has never done one that long. I suppose he hoping to appeal to a wider audience and that super long maxi mostly works for us tall women or those willing to wear really high heels. My SIL just got this skirt and is thrilled with it. She is a few inches shorter and does not care for the super long length. For her it is the perfect "maxi". Sorry you were disappointed.

Debbie1426, here's one A239318 and here's another A233970. I own them both and they go to the ankle. Love those skirts!!

Thanks Grace, you are absolutely right! I just do not care for those particular fabrics which is why I skipped them when they were offered.

Now that I think of it, I do have one from years ago in a whisper knit, I believe, that is very long as well. I would love some of the Linea "maxi" dresses but as you know they would not be a true maxi on me. I did buy one a couple of years ago and had it hemmed to just above the knee. I am taking it on my business trip to Puerto Rico next month. I am going on business but added a few days for the beach. It will be perfect.

Honored Contributor

Debbie1426- Glad your plans for the extended trip worked out. Hope you and hubby enjoy Puerto Rico!

-DiAnne

Valued Contributor

I just spent my lunch skimming through this thread, and found it very enlightening! I hope the OP finds some skirts that are the correct length, and that others try to be a little more empathetic to those of us who occasionally make errors when purchasing items online! I read the hype about the lace skirt outfit where many complained that the skirt was so short and got very excited, as I love shorter skirts and I did not look at the measurement (a deadly sin, I realize now!) and when it arrived I found it to be not short, but mid knee length and needing to be shortened. (It was also very loose, and I did look at the hip and waist measurements, so go figure on that one.) When there are so few items up for ordering, and so much competition for certain sizes, you have to be quick on the draw sometimes to get what you think you want!

Regular Contributor

On 3/15/2014 cotto22 said:

I just spent my lunch skimming through this thread, and found it very enlightening! I hope the OP finds some skirts that are the correct length, and that others try to be a little more empathetic to those of us who occasionally make errors when purchasing items online! I read the hype about the lace skirt outfit where many complained that the skirt was so short and got very excited, as I love shorter skirts and I did not look at the measurement (a deadly sin, I realize now!) and when it arrived I found it to be not short, but mid knee length and needing to be shortened. (It was also very loose, and I did look at the hip and waist measurements, so go figure on that one.) When there are so few items up for ordering, and so much competition for certain sizes, you have to be quick on the draw sometimes to get what you think you want!

Excellent post! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2014 ciley said:
On 3/15/2014 cotto22 said:

I just spent my lunch skimming through this thread, and found it very enlightening! I hope the OP finds some skirts that are the correct length, and that others try to be a little more empathetic to those of us who occasionally make errors when purchasing items online! I read the hype about the lace skirt outfit where many complained that the skirt was so short and got very excited, as I love shorter skirts and I did not look at the measurement (a deadly sin, I realize now!) and when it arrived I found it to be not short, but mid knee length and needing to be shortened. (It was also very loose, and I <em>did</em> look at the hip and waist measurements, so go figure on that one.) When there are so few items up for ordering, and so much competition for certain sizes, you have to be quick on the draw sometimes to get what you think you want!

Excellent post! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

So well said. I couldn't agree more!