Trusted Contributor

Re: It's Not a 'Maxi' Skirt, QVC

This skirt is excellent quality, fabric is substantial and drapes well. I don't understand how anyone can say otherwise. If you think the quality is lacking in the Linea line then please do everyone a favor and shop elsewhere.

Frequent Contributor

Average height, for the purpose of sizing, is 5'4 to 5'6 or 5'7. If you're 5'9, then you are tall, and should have checked the inseam for the average size skirt. It's not qvc's fault that the dress is too short on you. And yes maxi skirts should go to the ankle.

Super Contributor

On 3/13/2014 chrystaltree said:

I agree, a 34 inch skirt is not a maxi skirt and should not be labelled as such. Very misleading. However, who orders a skirt without checking the length? Especially a tall lady.

Exactly! There is nothing wrong with stating it was a Maxi"! I'm long waisted and have short legs, so what may be a maxi on me, is not necessarily gong to be a maxi on someone the same height, but with longer legs. Don't blame QVC because you didn't check the length!
Honored Contributor

I am 5'4" and have not found a maxi skirt for summer in two years.....they either drag the floor on me or the so-called "petite" versions hit mid-calf and look very dated at that length...they need to offer pants and long skirts in three lengths....and don't call them tall, petite,etc.....just let us order by inseam or length......then no surprises.

Trusted Contributor

All I can say is that it is no wonder so few continue to post here.
Super Contributor

Why, because people actually might disagree?
Trusted Contributor

On 3/13/2014 PKB said: Why, because people actually might disagree?
Disagreement is not a bad thing. However, some of the fans do not allow any negative opinion to be voiced before they start in with their tiresome lecturing. What grown woman wants or needs to deal with that. Putting people on ignore helps a lot but you still see some of their posts of their posts in other posts so it is not a cure all solution.
Super Contributor

On 3/13/2014 ciley said:
On 3/13/2014 Jerseygirl1266 said:
On 3/13/2014 MarilynM said:
On 3/13/2014 DiAnne said:

I can understand your frustration. I am tall and leggy - I have been frustrated for years by the pants. They have some petites but no talls. The pants do not have enough of a hem to lengthen. Just stop buying Linea. The decline in the quality over the lasts few years bothers me much more.

PS: I also ordered the skirts and tanks in indigo and black but I was going to shorten the skirts but decided the fabric did not have enough body so I am just keeping the tanks.

DiAnne, to make a blanket statement that the quality has gone down, may be your experience, but it certainly isn't mine. If you are so unhappy with Linea maybe you should take your own advice instead of complaining about it. My experience is their is no other line on QvC that comes close to the Linea Line as far as quality is concerned. I'm 5'9" also and I would love tall pants, but there are very few lines that offer talls. The video of the skirt shows the length very clearly.

I agree that Linea is one of the best lines on QVC but I would also agree that the quality has gone down over the past few years. Just because some of us are unhappy with the decline in quality does not mean that we do not shop for or enjoy some of the items. There are still gems to be found.

Why is it ok to constantly praise but not OK to complain? It makes so little sense since this is precisely what these boards are for, or so I thought.

No one said its not okay to complain if you have an issue with a piece that didn't meet your expectations and to say why, but to make blanket statements about decline in overall quality and beat that horse to death every single time Louis is on, then to have the audacity to tell someone to stop buying the line, is not okay.

Yes, the constant complaining about everything QVC does wrong every time Louis is getting ridiculous!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC'S definition of a "maxi-skirt" is variable at best. A quick check of the following brands in a size M shows the following length's, 37.25 for a SG, 39.25 for a belle Grey, 36 for a LC, 36 for a D&C and 40.25 for a IM. Certainly would not make me comfortable ordering without checking the specific length measurement. Also, I cannot see what good it does to look at the photo of the item on a model unless you know how tall that model is.
Trusted Contributor

Grace said nothing on this thread that wasn't "lovely." If a person finds it necessary to put many posters on ignore, that's the time to take your business elsewhere. Clearly your participation is not an enriching experience for you.