Respected Contributor

Re: It's Not a 'Maxi' Skirt, QVC

On 3/13/2014 Jerseygirl1266 said:
On 3/13/2014 GraceCO said:

GraceCo, I think QVC will do what QVC will do as will other retailers, as I have mentioned. If you want to avoid returns you need to have more information before buying either by waiting till presentation to order or checking the online measurements to make sure they meet your expectations and needs.

Well, no kidding, Jerseygirl. I think I've already pointed this out as have others, so this is not a new thought in this thread. There's a bigger issue here and it goes beyond disappointments over having to return three skirts.

Sounds like you are having a bad day. Sorry.{#emotions_dlg.sad} As for what you feel is a big issue, I guess I am missing the point. You do not like QVC's definition of the word maxi? QVC as well as other retailers will continue to call very long skirts maxis. Plain and simple. Some will be to your liking as far as length goes and some will not.

If the bigger issue is the concern about the quality, buttons falling off, lack of good fabrics, and on and on, then that I am happy to agree on.

Actually, I'm having a good day, but I appreciate your concern, Jerseygirl! Frankly, I have nothing better to do (at the moment) and since so many of you are apparently interested in debating the issue directed at QVC, I'm happy to go along with it! It's really that simple. I can't resist a good argument on a slow daySmiley Happy If the discussion about the length issue and offering sizes for all women gets QVC's attention, all the better.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad}Grace, I understand that you are frustrated about the length of the skirts not being what you thought they were, but try to keep this in perspective. This is an issue about a skirt length. There are so many more things in life to get upset about. I think it's important to think about this like "will this really matter a year from now" and "is this worth getting extremely angry about".

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}It seems that you just wanted posters on this thread to agree with you and lash out at them if they don't or point out other factors in this issue. I think it's not a good idea, to take things out on anonymous posters, who are just trying to help you see things in a different light and point out that this issue isn't worth getting your blood pressure up and losing your cool over.

Honored Contributor

And, as for the "decline in quality" in the Linea line you mention above? Even a lesser quality is far better than any other clothing line QVC carries. No other designer rivals what Louis Dell Olio provides to QVC, which is why going elsewhere is a bit more difficult for those of us who recognize and appreciate it.

I agree that Linea is better than other lines at QVC but things have definitely changed. I shop mostly Nordstrom, Neimans etc. sales now and get better quality fabrics at just a little more. I also shop at places that carry talls (I always buy a couple of long sleeve t-shirts or collared shirts when they are on sale at Eddie Bauer). Pendleton stopped carrying talls about 5-years ago. I still many of their wool pants and jackets in my closet. The specialty tall shops seem to be mostly polyester clothing (not a fan). Unless you live a rural region and need QVC to shop there are many other choices out there in stores.

Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2014 DiAnne said:

And, as for the "decline in quality" in the Linea line you mention above? Even a lesser quality is far better than any other clothing line QVC carries. No other designer rivals what Louis Dell Olio provides to QVC, which is why going elsewhere is a bit more difficult for those of us who recognize and appreciate it.

I agree that Linea is better than other lines at QVC but things have definitely changed. I shop mostly Nordstrom, Neimans etc. sales now and get better quality fabrics at just a little more. I also shop at places that carry talls (I always buy a couple of long sleeve t-shirts or collared shirts when they are on sale at Eddie Bauer). Pendleton stopped carrying talls about 5-years ago. I still many of their wool pants and jackets in my closet. The specialty tall shops seem to be mostly polyester clothing (not a fan). Unless you live a rural region and need QVC to shop there are many other choices out there in stores.

DiAnne, I'm with you re/other options and I also shop at Neiman's, Nordstrom's, Saks and Talbots. Finding classic clothes is a challenge, especially ones that fit tall women! I'm not in a rural area and have access to high end shopping where I live (& when I travel) and I frequent those stores. I may need to do that more often going forwardSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne. Soft Surroundings does have lovely clothes but their shipping and handling is wayy to expensive. It adds $15 (at least) to every item.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/13/2014 lousgirl84 said:

@DIAnne. Soft Surroundings does have lovely clothes but their shipping and handling is wayy to expensive. It adds $15 (at least) to every item.

Wow! And we complain about QVC'S. S&H.
Respected Contributor

I can understand your frustration. I am tall and leggy - I have been frustrated for years by the pants. They have some petites but no talls. The pants do not have enough of a hem to lengthen. Just stop buying Linea. The decline in the quality over the lasts few years bothers me much more.

PS: I also ordered the skirts and tanks in indigo and black but I was going to shorten the skirts but decided the fabric did not have enough body so I am just keeping the tanks.

DiAnne, to make a blanket statement that the quality has gone down, may be your experience, but it certainly isn't mine. If you are so unhappy with Linea maybe you should take your own advice instead of complaining about it. My experience is their is no other line on QvC that comes close to the Linea Line as far as quality is concerned. I'm 5'9" also and I would love tall pants, but there are very few lines that offer talls. The video of the skirt shows the length very clearly.
Trusted Contributor

I love the body of the rayon skirt and tank, too. I think they are the perfect weight for year round wear here in So Cal. Beautifully sewn, too.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/13/2014 MarilynM said:

I can understand your frustration. I am tall and leggy - I have been frustrated for years by the pants. They have some petites but no talls. The pants do not have enough of a hem to lengthen. Just stop buying Linea. The decline in the quality over the lasts few years bothers me much more.

PS: I also ordered the skirts and tanks in indigo and black but I was going to shorten the skirts but decided the fabric did not have enough body so I am just keeping the tanks.

DiAnne, to make a blanket statement that the quality has gone down, may be your experience, but it certainly isn't mine. If you are so unhappy with Linea maybe you should take your own advice instead of complaining about it. My experience is their is no other line on QvC that comes close to the Linea Line as far as quality is concerned. I'm 5'9" also and I would love tall pants, but there are very few lines that offer talls. The video of the skirt shows the length very clearly.

I agree that Linea is one of the best lines on QVC but I would also agree that the quality has gone down over the past few years. Just because some of us are unhappy with the decline in quality does not mean that we do not shop for or enjoy some of the items. There are still gems to be found.

Why is it ok to constantly praise but not OK to complain? It makes so little sense since this is precisely what these boards are for, or so I thought.

Regular Contributor

On 3/13/2014 MarilynM said:

I agree that Linea is one of the best lines on QVC but I would also agree that the quality has gone down over the past few years. Just because some of us are unhappy with the decline in quality does not mean that we do not shop for or enjoy some of the items. There are still gems to be found.

Why is it ok to constantly praise but not OK to complain? It makes so little sense since this is precisely what these boards are for, or so I thought.

No one said its not okay to complain if you have an issue with a piece that didn't meet your expectations and to say why, but to make blanket statements about decline in overall quality and beat that horse to death every single time Louis is on, then to have the audacity to tell someone to stop buying the line, is not okay.