Honored Contributor

It's Coming Back Sundance!

[ Edited ]

I have such a time (quite a few "winter" complections do as well) finding transitional fall clothing.  Fall colors turn me green!

Putting back crisp white tunics and the "bright items of summer" which don't feel right, I found a beautiful tunic done in my color palette and ordered it.

My tunic went to back order, and was delivered today.  What a disappointment!  The color appeared about 8-10 shades lighter.  I hung it up and looked at the picture beside it!  Our computer has a high res tv as a screen.  I get true colors.  They barely seemed the same!

It seems their photo had enhanced colors.

I called Sundance, and they are returning my shipping both ways!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: It's Coming Back Anthropologie!

That's the trouble w/internet shopping.  Often times the photos of the merchandise are off in some way.  I was never a "returner" when I shopped in the malls.  But having to rely on the internet now for my shopping fix, I seem to return so many things.  Whether it be for fit or quality or just plain disappointment.

Sorry you were disappointed.  Anthropologie used to be one of my must stop by stores at the mall, just loved the whole vibe of the store and the cool merchandise.  Now that I'm 10+ years older I find the clothing doesn't speak to me like it used to, but some of their household items and decor items are interesting.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

Sorry the color wasn't right. Glad they are reimbursing you for shipping.

As @jellyBEAN posted, this is one of the reasons online shopping can be challenging. I really prefer shopping in person because I make fewer mistakes purchasing that way. 

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

Thanks.  My fingers mistakenly typed the other vendor.  It's Sundance.

Respected Contributor

that is one advantage of shopping with QVC, you can see it on the TV monitor on a model. Other than seeing it in person that would be the next closest thing. And you can tell if you've got your color set right if the flesh tones are correct. 

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Coming Back Sundance!

TV is not fool proof.  I'm noticed differences in shades between the studio color and; that of the one in the vendor's home.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, huge differences re: the color(s): TV vrs.  vendors' homes. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY @depglass @Bhvbum @wilma 

@jellyBEAN 

The catalog picture was also enhanced!  I didn't get what I saw.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like they agreed with you to give you shipping both ways.  Reminds me of the poster with the yellowed Welo opal stone from Michael Valitutti.  He didn't refund her and most certainly lost a customer.  I haven't bought from Sundance in years, but back when I did they were great to work with.  They had an unlimited time frame to return jewelry.  I had a lapis bracelet from them that had flecks.  I just hated those flecks, so three months later I sent it back.  No problem whatsoever.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed on a Cuddl Duds show this morning, they showed the same pair of pants on a split screen, one in the studio and the other with the vendor.  The same pants appeared to be totally different colors, one orange and one mustard gold.

@Bhvbum 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment