Honored Contributor

@Toots711 wrote:

@ECBG   Thank you for sharing the website and this item, which I was unfamiliar with!

@Toots711 

I know quite a lot about this group.  I worked with them for a while while I was looking for the perfect styling position.  I know quite a few of the artists and have followed the art since I was a teen.  I am the great grandaughter of the master carpenter and artist that created Biltmore House. They are the most highly revered artists in each of the art craft areas.

Twice a year, (hopefully back to the usual schedule), they fill our civic center for 4 days of art.  Rest assure, I will be there to see my beautiful friends and especially the ones I wear, like Kim Thompson's jewelry.  For a real treat, you might look at her items.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's beautiful.  Wonder how long before it is knocked off by a mass marketer?  Perish the thought.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Toots711 wrote:

@ECBG   Thank you for sharing the website and this item, which I was unfamiliar with!

@Toots711 

I know quite a lot about this group.  I worked with them for a while while I was looking for the perfect styling position.  I know quite a few of the artists and have followed the art since I was a teen.  I am the great grandaughter of the master carpenter and artist that created Biltmore House. They are the most highly revered artists in each of the art craft areas.

Twice a year, (hopefully back to the usual schedule), they fill our civic center for 4 days of art.  Rest assure, I will be there to see my beautiful friends and especially the ones I wear, like Kim Thompson's jewelry.  For a real treat, you might look at her items.Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

I looked at their website and was impressed. I so admire the talent these artists possess!  Thanks again!

Occasional Contributor
It’s very pretty. I never heard of a swoop before. But I knit, and it looks like a larger version of a mobius cowl. I would post a picture if I knew how.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Since I can't see the back on this one ... so I don't know if it's infinity or a flat rectangle.  

If it's a flat rectangle - not an issue - just twist it when you put it on and let the ends hang loose in back.

If it's a mobius infinity - circular scarf .....

It's rather easy to make - either knit or crochet.  Going back a few years - mobius infinity scarves were a "thing" - at least among knitters an corcheters.  I have a bunch of them.

Most difficult part is the casting on for knitting and the foundation single crochet chain. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    The video on the website shows the back.  I watched and now I don't remember which it was.  I immediately though of you when I saw this and wondered if you'd made one.  I have a bunch of infinity scarves but they're all silky fabric. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

After seeing the pic .....

I was just thinking about making some light weight mobius scarves for the summer - something easy to carry and easy just to wrap around me when in air conditioning.  I could use a neutral, something to go with denim, something in black and white an something with yellow.

I have a bunch of #3 bamboo yarn .....  I bought for summer cardigans, but I really don't need any more summer cardigans.

All my summer knit and crochet scarves are those skinny lacy types ... more decorative than useful.