Honored Contributor

Re: It happened to me - i got something used.

Part of the problem is that many will accept used items and not bother to return them at all. For all who are posting they would never accept obviously used items as new, there are equal amounts of people who will accept used items and the cycle continues.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

I worked with a woman who was returning a shirt she had bought for her son at a department store. On the way there to return it she was smoking in her car. Of course the shirt smelled like smoke when she got there. Bottom line - the store would not take it back!

Super Contributor

I found kleenex in a pocket in one garment once.... hmmm....

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 lulu2 said:

Years ago I received a Victor Costa jacket with a wedding program in the pocket.

From HSN I received a sugar depilatory with hair in it.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

When I pay full price, I expect something new and in pristine condition.

This would make me gag.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 gazelle77 said:

OMG - that would absolutely make me send something back. There is no doubt that some people do buy clothing and wear it for a brief while then return it for full refund. To me that is pure and simple theft but what can a retailer do? Same with purses. People are dishonest -IMO this is why so many get the letter. Of course they don't admit that is what they are doing but I'm confident that is the issue.

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 gazelle77 said:

I found some kitty treats in the pocket of a cardigan and my pup was SO excited. Not me.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 8/27/2014 lulu2 said:

Years ago I received a Victor Costa jacket with a wedding program in the pocket.

From HSN I received a sugar depilatory with hair in it.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

When I pay full price, I expect something new and in pristine condition.

This would make me gag.

Me too. That is awful.

Last Christmas my husband bought me an espresso machine; Christmas morning I opened it, so excited, we went to put it together - the espresso press was full of old coffee grounds. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Super Contributor

IMO, you should not have to pay for the postage to send it to you nor for the postage to return it to QVC. QVC needs to stop sending out damaged/used items. I have received a TSV (bracelet) that was missing a magnetic piece that would make it work. It was unusable and I returned it - don't feel as if I should have to pay any postage in that case as I did not order something broken!

I have also recently received a broken earring that was obviously used. This time I stood my ground and told them I wanted to be reimbursed for the postage both ways.

In the past I have received a Ripka ring in a size 5 when I had ordered a sixe 7.

This is a pattern here and it needs to stop. Demand that they reimburse you postage both ways if this happens to you as you did not order anything broken, used nor can you use something that is not in the size you ordered.

Regular Contributor

There was a thread regarding AS IS Gili Roma 2 bags being received missing the tassels and/or straps. My question is, are people returning things and keeping some of the pieces? I wonder if they're receiving a full refund? What's up with that?!
Trusted Contributor

Hey, I found a 14K gold earring in the pocket of an as-is item once - yippee! This clothing should definitely have been sold as an as-is item. I've purchased some clothing that reeked of perfume, but I knew that was a chance I was taking buying as-is. The good part is that I've saved a bunch of money, and most of the items were in great shape.

Glad the OP resolved the issue to her satisfaction!