Super Contributor

Issac said don't hang up your pima shirts!!!

I have an entire closet of these pima cotton shirts hanging up nicely on velvet hangers.  One show  Issac said they are to be folded and placed in a drawer.  

First, I hate the fold lines they get and second I don't have any drawer space!  Will they be ruined if hung up?  Please discuss.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Issac said don't hang up your pima shirts!!!

I like those pima shirts and mine are hanging on nice hangers.  I haven't noticed anything happen to them yet.

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach   I don't have Isaac's, but I do have Pima cotton tops in my closet, all on hangers with no issues.

Honored Contributor

I use flocked hangers. No issues with any fabrics either woven or knit.
Esteemed Contributor

I hang most of my clothing.  I don't have a lot of drawer space but ample closet space.  The only thing I never hang are sweaters.   I've never seen pima cotton "grow" on a hanger?!  

Respected Contributor

100% cotton fabrics do have a tendency to "grow" which is the reason I like a 5% spandex added. I don't like fold lines on my clothes IF I had enough drawer space, which I do not. The threat of his shirts growing is the main reason I don't purchase his pima cotton shirts.

Respected Contributor

Over the last several years I have purchased about 30 of the pima shirts by Isaac.  I store all of them on hangars in my closet.  I have not noticed any problems with that.  I will continue to use hangars. 

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 

If it's tightly woven or knitted, the chance of it growing are reduced.  Some knit fabrics will grow WHILE you are wearing them.

------------------------------------

@Carolina925 wrote:

100% cotton fabrics do have a tendency to "grow" which is the reason I like a 5% spandex added. I don't like fold lines on my clothes IF I had enough drawer space, which I do not. The threat of his shirts growing is the main reason I don't purchase his pima cotton shirts.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy to see that I am not the only one who has a closet full of Isaac pima shirts!  I have replaced my entire shirt wardrobe with them.  I am getting older and hope they last as long as I do.  So comfy and look great!  I hang mine on plastic hangers with no problem.  I have a feeling that Pima is fading away or getting very expensive.  More and more of his shirts are cotton/modal.  Don't really like the feel of these!

Honored Contributor

I only buy 100% cotton tee shirts.  I wash them in cold water and hang to dry.  If it is winter time and the water is icy cold, I toss the shirts in the dryer for about a minute, no longer than that, to warm them up to avoid wrinkles.

I put them on a flocked hanger to dry and put them in my closet afterward.  I do not fold them because they get wrinkled.  I also do not have a place to keep so many folded shirts. My drawers are stuffed already.

Mine do not grow on the hangers even when wet.  I do not put heavy sweaters on a hanger, but lightweight shirts on a hanger cause no issues for me.