Honored Contributor

Issac's Metal Buttons On Jackets

When they first came out, I loved Issac's knit jackets with denim styling and wore them a lot.  I had them in 3 colors.

After a year or two, the buttons tarnished!  The jacket looked fine.  They weren't the type of button you could change.  They got donated.

I now get knit jackets from Coldwater Creek.  I am done.

Respected Contributor

Re: Issac's Metal Buttons On Jackets

You could of salvaged them with a little paint from Hobby Lobby, metal paint would of worked and they would of been probably even better but I've had issues with this brand too.  For some reason, his t-shirts fade fast for me, both the solids and especially the prints.

I'm sure they are designed for one season wear and buy new the next year but I'm not wearing them everyday so I just stopped buying.  

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of touching up the buttons with metal paint like @Just Bling said.  That seems like an easy fix.

Honored Contributor

It's easy to keep the buttons looking good - I just use a jewelry polishing cloth. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

It's easy to keep the buttons looking good - I just use a jewelry polishing cloth. 

@ALRATIBA 

Sadly, very cheap.  They were unsalvageable.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I can't say I'm surprised.   

@ECBG wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

Sadly, very cheap.  They were unsalvageable.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

When they first came out, I loved Issac's knit jackets with denim styling and wore them a lot.  I had them in 3 colors.

After a year or two, the buttons tarnished!  The jacket looked fine.  They weren't the type of button you could change.  They got donated.

I now get knit jackets from Coldwater Creek.  I am done.

@ECBG 

That doesn't surprise me. A friend of mine purchased one of his watches. In a short amount of time the metallic finish peeled off completely!!