Honored Contributor

Re: Issac calling the model a giraffe - really !!

He wasn't saying it in a mean way. Some of the models are very beautifully tall. I'm not tall, but I've been called 'this and that', (in a cute, descriptive way), and I just laugh. It's better to laugh. (Book by Cathy/Kathy Levine).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

As a tall person, I've heard it all. We don't go around looking for things to be offended by, although some seem to think so. However, I don't understand why it's always ok to make comments about tall/slim people, but heaven forbid, you make a comment about someone that's short and fat. I see it quite often on here. I wonder if they would be offended if a fat person was described as a whale or some other animal, because of it's size.

Honored Contributor

I am so offended by the people who are always offended.you just can't say anything without someone reading it wrong.
Valued Contributor

MarthaStewardess, I was thinking the same thing & you said it best.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

As a tall person, I've heard it all. We don't go around looking for things to be offended by, although some seem to think so. However, I don't understand why it's always ok to make comments about tall/slim people, but heaven forbid, you make a comment about someone that's short and fat. I see it quite often on here. I wonder if they would be offended if a fat person was described as a whale or some other animal, because of it's size.

If being short and fat were desirable characteristics in our society then the comparison would not be offensive. However, since calling someone short and fat is an insult, comparing them to a fat blubbery animal would be extremely rude.

Because tall and thin are what people view as being most attractive (how many short, fat runway models have you seen?) it is considered complimentary to comment on those assets.

Being compared to one of the most graceful animals on earth, with long legs and an elegant neck? I'd take it any day and accept it as the kind compliment it was intended to be.

Honored Contributor

Isaac makes his models part of the show and that's something I really like about him. Linda and Michelle, especially, just smile when he gets silly. They are both very beautiful women and excellent models. I'm sure they've heard much worse in their line of work and Linda took no offense at all. I didn't see that show, but saw this morning's show. And they were there. Isaac likes to have fun and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

What's the big deal? There are always comments about peoples heights during the presentations, be it whether one is short or very tall. Since Linda is his personal model I'm sure he meant it playfully and that's how I interpreted it.

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 ValuSkr said:

Was the model wearing animal print?

Super Contributor

BTW, regarding Shawn and the "shameful" comments- I believe I saw one of those segments, and that is NOT how she said it. She said some people FEEL ashamed when they have hair loss. She did not say it was shameful.

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 redngold said:

What's the big deal? There are always comments about peoples heights during the presentations, be it whether one is short or very tall. Since Linda is his personal model I'm sure he meant it playfully and that's how I interpreted it.

I agree ! Isaac ALWAYS bring "his girls" to his shows, very much like Angel from QF brings "her girls" (Corinne is one of them that I remember), and LDO brings his wife, Jac, to model his clothes, and she is simply marvelous ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

There is a fun chemistry to watch, between these vendors and their models, and what might seem like an off-color remark (to some viewers) is actually an 'unspoken compliment' made by the Vendor. Given Isaac's unique personality, I would take any comments made by him, whether to Shawn, his Models, or any other Host, as his being playful, rather than mean or derogatory.