Super Contributor

Re: Issac calling the model a giraffe - really !!

giraffeOn 3/20/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

I watched the show last night and it didn't strike me as derogatory. Women have been described as being graceful as a gazelle, sleek as a panther.....I, too, felt that Isaac was referring to her long legs.

Being 5'3," I'd give anything to be compared to a giraffe!

Totally agree Amazinggrace! I wish I were a giraffe at 5'3"!!

Respected Contributor

I don't think he meant it in a hurtful way, just commenting on how tall she was and wishing he was maybe.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Linda is just plain beautiful. Isaac comes across (to me) as being so nice. I do not think he would knowingly offend anyone. That being said, worry about what is going on in the world and not what is said on QVC. I for one mute most of the shows. The sound is only on when I am really interested in what a vendor has to say. Most of Isaac's comments on how to dress are really helpful.

Respected Contributor

I really think nitpicking and finding "offense" is a new and unattractive hobby for people these days, especially women.

The only one who could be offended by Isaac's giraffe remark would be the model. And I'll bet, in that industry where body shapes and sizes are critiqued mercilessly as a function of fashion, she's heard a lot worse.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, Linda is back today and as friendly as ever to Isaac....they have an easy relationship. If the comment offended her, she could have refused to work with him. So the only person who seemed to be offended was the original poster.
Honored Contributor

I want to be a giraffe! Really, I do. Tall with beautiful long legs and a long neck and that gorgeous giraffe coloring. How I wish I could ever qualify for such a compliment.

As for OP, it seems to me she's been reading the forums too long before signing in and has figured how every nasty word to pull other adolescents into her ugly web.

In the meantime, when I turned my TV off shortly after midnight, over 8,000 of those dresses had been ordered already. Seems there are plenty of viewers who don't think Isaac committed some huge, degrading sin.

OMG - in a world where terrorists are gunning down museum goers, where fathers are killing their own children, she's worried about the fragile ego of a gorgeous model?? Really?

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 millieshops said:

I want to be a giraffe! Really, I do. Tall with beautiful long legs and a long neck and that gorgeous giraffe coloring. How I wish I could ever qualify for such a compliment.

As for OP, it seems to me she's been reading the forums too long before signing in and has figured how every nasty word to pull other adolescents into her ugly web.

In the meantime, when I turned my TV off shortly after midnight, over 8,000 of those dresses had been ordered already. Seems there are plenty of viewers who don't think Isaac committed some huge, degrading sin.

OMG - in a world where terrorists are gunning down museum goers, where fathers are killing their own children, she's worried about the fragile ego of a gorgeous model?? Really?

Don't kid yourself that the OP was "worried about the fragile ego of a gorgeous model"--she was taking a pot shot at Isaac, as part of this "I'm superior because you were offensive" nonsense. I've had about enough of it. It's petty and fake, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Was the model wearing animal print?

Esteemed Contributor

People used to say the same thing to me because I am tall and have a long neck. I was never offended, always took it as a compliment. Good grief, people can't say anything anymore, its ridiculous!!

Respected Contributor

I am tall and have really long thin legs and have heard the giraffe comment my whole life and it is not offensive in anyway!