Honored Contributor

Re: Issac calling the model a giraffe - really !!

It's exhausting to be offended by everything. Lighten up.

(And I doubt you really wanted that dress.)

Super Contributor

Didn't see it, but big deal, obviously it was a joke because she's tall.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 BonnieBelle said:

Didn't see it, but big deal, obviously it was a joke because she's tall.

Agreed. It wasn't meant to be anything more or anything less. And certainly not a racial thing, as suggested earlier in this thread!

Esteemed Contributor

Being compared to a giraffe, is complimentary not an offense. Isaac is a known animal lover and many people compare animal characteristics to humans and not in an offensive manner. Linda often works with Isaac and they relate well; I think he likes how she looks in his designs and he does do his designs. A giraffe is a beautiful, graceful, elegant animal and if you applied those characteristics to a human, well, this human would be thrilled. If that comment upset you so much so that you cancelle your purchase, as someone said, you didn't want the dress. Isaac is a kind and sensitive man. Too much to worry about in this world and it is rather sad that we have become so overly sensitive and politically correct to a fault. It was trivial remark to a model construed as an insult but meant as a compliment.
Honored Contributor

Are we ultra sensitive about insulting the model or insulting the giraffe? Or both?
Esteemed Contributor

I heard the comment as a joking way to describe how long Linda's legs are. She was the only model wearing the TSV as a tunic because on her the dress hits well up on the thighs. Isaac was asking that she come out the next time sans leggings because he liked to see long legs exposed in a short dress and it was in that context which the giraffe remark was made.

I'm African American and I heard nothing which should ruffle any feathers.

Everyone have a nice day.

Super Contributor

I watched the show last night and it didn't strike me as derogatory. Women have been described as being graceful as a gazelle, sleek as a panther.....I, too, felt that Isaac was referring to her long legs.

Being 5'3," I'd give anything to be compared to a giraffe!

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Trix said:

I heard the comment as a joking way to describe how long Linda's legs are. She was the only model wearing the TSV as a tunic because on her the dress hits well up on the thighs. Isaac was asking that she come out the next time sans leggings because he liked to see long legs exposed in a short dress and it was in that context which the giraffe remark was mad e.

I'm African American and I heard nothing which should ruffle any feathers.

Everyone have a nice day.

Linda is absolutely gorgeous and ""shows"" Isaac's things to perfection. ITA with you Trix!
Honored Contributor

Yes, well, some folks seem to thrive on feeling indignant, offended or both.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

It must be difficult going through life being "offended" 24/7.

I know it's exhausting just hearing about it daily.

And FYIY, if you ever experienced hair loss or treated such patients, the first words out of their mouths is they feel embarrassed and ashamed to go out in public.