Respected Contributor

Re: Isn't this a "Fashion" forum?

sharke wrote

I think what the OP was talking about is that's fine if you want to chat with people that's why there is the 'community chat' and the 'among friends' rooms. I suspect people in here can read and look on the left side and see those 2 areas.

The atmosphere in the two forums you suggest are very different, especially the community chat forum.  I'm sorry it bothers you and the OP so much, but again I don't see the harm in letting these cyber friends enjoy their threads in a forum they feel comfortable and welcome in.

Honored Contributor

I suppose I can understand why that can upset the OP but every board I have read, has people who bond for what ever reason.  One can just choose the posts to read and those to pass on.

For instance that Pancake thing just grated on me and I didnt even open it or care to even find out what it was about, but those who were into to it could enjoy as much as they wanted to.   That's why I am not thrilled with the censoring here.  I might get censored for saying that. !

Honored Contributor

Don't really matter what the OP or I are the rest of us thinks anyway.

Isn't our board, we can cuss and discuss all night, but, for some reason the Q wants this community here. I never really understood what they're getting out of it?

Nothing will change, we just have to ignore what we can't change. 

Pretty much the whole thing in a nutshell.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I may be dense, but I haven't really been aware of the issue. Maybe that feeling is more prevalent on the two Shopoholic threads, but I have honestly never opened either of those threads because I'm not willing to admit to my "addiction," yet. And don't want to stop shopping.

I post on several threads and encounter completely different personalities across the boards. This one, Fashion, is my warm and fuzzy place to come when I want to be surrounded by friends who love the same things I love.

@MaggieMack 

Watch your back, Maggie.  Your AMStyle Saturday morning chats might be in violation of the board police.  

(Sorry I couldn't help myself!)

Low blow and not nice

Hey I am defending a woman's right to share with like friends what she chooses.  Aren't you a part of that Saturday morning chat?  

@magicmoodz    First your techniques of stoopping to name-calling as your method are not defensible. Second,  people have no "rights"  here; QVC is a private company with private rules that must be followed.  Third, nobody is denying a poster anything - merely saying it should be in its proper place and not plunked down in the middle of a forum where people come to read about fashion because it's the Fashion Forum. Fourth, I don't know why people are self-appointed "defenders" on this board when people are adults and are capable of speaking  up for themselves.

There is always someone who thinks the rules  don't apply to them.   The small group of people who are interested in a poster's life happenings beyond fashion a much fewer group of people  than those  who come to the Fashion Forum expecting threads about fashion.  So a person starts a completely off topic thread about personal stuff, that a few - but not many -  care about, right in the middle of fashion.  For the poster's "comfort" level.  Oh, come on.  Either follow the layout of the board here, or start your own board, or FB page, or blog or whatever to share your personal trials and tribulations. We all have "stuff" going on in our lives - there's a place for it even on this board if you want to share that.   Or must a person think she is above all that and will post about whatever she darn pleases and whoever doesn't like it should just skip it.  Why?  For that poster's "comfort level"?  Can't her friends who are so interested in all her personal goings-on be friends enough to find ithose posts elsewhere on the board in the appropriate forum?  It's inconsiderate to those who come to the Fashion Forum for fashion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The thread that seems to be generating all of this discussion has been located in the Fashion 'neighborhood' for many years.  It pre-dates my time on the forum and I've been an active poster for several years.  Many of the founding members have taken their relationships further, communicate on facebook with each other and have interacted with each other in person.

I have a couple of monthly threads in the Among Friends 'neighborhood' of the Community.  Again, the founding members of those threads just happened to start them, years ago in that particular section of the forum.

I've seen a thread dedicated soap opera in the Pet Lovers forum.  I assume the Pet Lovers forum was chosen for this thread because the TV or Entertainment 'neighborhoods' weren't working for the folks who participate on that thread.  I've never watched that particular soap opera a single day of my life.  I have read the thread and enjoyed the commentary posted by long time viewers of that soap opera.  Seriously, it can be hysterically funny as these posters know the characters inside and out - I recommend the thread.

There is a dedicated forum for the TSV - does that stop folks from posting in fashion, jewelry or shoes about the TSV?  No.

There is a dedicated forum for specific brands - does that stop folks from posting something about Denim & Co or Logo in the main fashion forum?  No.

I can hear the defense of this practice right now before any of you hit a single key on your computer or tablet.  But Bernie, at least Logo is fashion.  At least the gold chain TSV is jewelry.  At least the vionic or ryka TSV was a shoe.

Perhaps I've misunderstood the Community all these years.  It's possible.  I've thought it was a place to talk, share things, chit chat.  I didn't realize that I had to compartmentalize conversation by a topic. 

Edited to Add - I've said all I intend to say about this subject.  I'm not an argumentative person, so I wish you all a good day and nice weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

I'm with you Bernie.  

Respected Contributor

laughter is always in fashion

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama, I'm standing with you, too.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

And for you sticklers, A272846 Logo is great, as is A269983 in dark violet!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama ...

You tell 'em, Little Sis ... for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would start a "discussion" about where a thread is placed.  When I see a title, I either open it, scroll on by, or just ignore.   Simple, isn't it?