Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isn't this a "Fashion" forum?

@Jan99 wrote:

I just went back to the Shopaholics post for today and saw 9 paragraphs that had not one iota to do with anything other than a problem car and personal issues for the day. You're right - you own the post and you're not going anywhere because you've been around for many years so you're entitled, and the Q doesn't seem to mind that you and your friends have a personal thread everyday to chat about what goes on in your daily lives. Go for it, girl - you own it and you run it! Shame on me to raise a question about private posts everyday on an open forum.

Woman Surprised

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Yep, most of these boards are mainly for people I suspect, older people, who just want to sit and chat.  Yes, I'm 'old' too, but, I really , truly enjoy discussing subjects like Kitchen stuff, jewelry with other people.

I got sisters I whine too and friends I can complain to. Guess others don't have that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Is this thread about fashion?  If so, I missed something.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I suspect it's about the abuse of the forum title. Who wants to come into a forum where you have an interest only to see it about people's daily chatter.  I sent the people I was cozy with my email and now we chat offline.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Is this thread about fashion?  If so, I missed something.

Don't you love the irony!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Gosh, don't you just love a reformer...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I suspect it's about the abuse of the forum title. Who wants to come into a forum where you have an interest only to see it about people's daily chatter.  I sent the people I was cozy with my email and now we chat offline.

If that was all you found in the forum, then I could understand being upset.  Obviously it's not.  It's not even the majority of posts.  I'm happy you were comfortable enough to share your e-mail with people you felt you could trust here, that's NOT the case for many.  They feel comfortable here, in this forum and want to share more than just fashion.

As easy as it is to scroll on past threads, or even to click out of a thread if it turns out to be something you're not interested in, it seems rather harsh to want to deny people something that obviously harms nobody and gives them something they enjoy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've stopped by the Shopaholics thread one time.  I think I was looking for a spot to send a note to Maggie without starting a thread solely for the purpose of asking one question of one person.  The ladies who post there could not have been nicer to me and extremely welcoming.  I Heart them.  

I have a much bigger issue with posts that are vaguely titled in order to get clicks but the purpose of the thread is bashing a host or vendor. I have no issue with people who want to have those conversations, I just like to be able to avoid them.

Esteemed Contributor

It's beginning to feel like Community. The only topic in Fashion that generates this type of discussion is Logo. 

The "T" word crossed my mind in the last few minutes.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

If that was all you found in the forum, then I could understand being upset.  Obviously it's not.  It's not even the majority of posts.  I'm happy you were comfortable enough to share your e-mail with people you felt you could trust here, that's NOT the case for many.  They feel comfortable here, in this forum and want to share more than just fashion.

As easy as it is to scroll on past threads, or even to click out of a thread if it turns out to be something you're not interested in, it seems rather harsh to want to deny people something that obviously harms nobody and gives them something they enjoy.

I think what the OP was talking about is that's fine if you want to chat with people that's why there is the 'community chat' and the 'among friends' rooms. I suspect people in here can read and look on the left side and see those 2 areas.