Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't this a "Fashion" forum?

I agree with the OP.   Facebook would be more up the alley of most of the posters here.  I feel sorry for the lonely people that want to share the details of their day and all their problems with just anybody.  Posting 100's of pics a day in 5or 6 groups of flowers, dogs and cats must be their only enjoyment.

Plus, those cartoons in forums that has nothing to do with the title of the forum.

"Good morning how are you I'm eating breakfast here's a picture of Mr. Pookie"........................ Who gives a ....

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

Watch your back, Maggie.  Your AMStyle Saturday morning chats might be in violation of the board police.  

(Sorry I couldn't help myself!)

Well, that's unfortunate that you couldn't help yourself.  There is really no need to stoop to name-calling.  Name-calling doesn't make for much of a rational, persuasive argument. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 maybe a solution would be to start a few threads on fashion topics you would like to discuss. If you look around the Q forum you will see that friends post chitchat with each other on many threads under various topics. It may not be on-topic, but after years of posting here many people like to check in with friends and acknowledge that relationship and then add their two cents to the topic. For new posters this can be like attending a function where everyone knows each other but for you. I felt like that at first, but decided to keep joining the conversation. I look forward to posting with you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I agree with the OP.   Facebook would be more up the alley of most of the posters here.  I feel sorry for the lonely people that want to share the details of their day and all their problems with just anybody.  Posting 100's of pics a day in 5or 6 groups of flowers, dogs and cats must be their only enjoyment.

Plus, those cartoons in forums that has nothing to do with the title of the forum.

"Good morning how are you I'm eating breakfast here's a picture of Mr. Pookie"........................ Who gives a ....

@SharkE, where are those pics? In the Shopaholics threads? I've not seen them in the other fashion threads. I haven't opened Shopaholics because I thought they always sounded like AA support groups for shoppers, and thus they are supporting each other.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I blame Q for not keeping the boards straight. I complained about a gal who wanted her own agenda in at least two forums.  They moved her thread to the appropriate thread where she could blow off all she wanted.  She just waited till the mods wasn't paying attention then she came back in and started all over again.   Lol. She got passed them.

Honored Contributor

As a seasoned poster who often starts a daily thread related to shoppers and their shopping habits or lack thereof, I'd like to reinforce to any readers or visitors here that I'm not going anywhere and neither is the daily thread.  Should you find it offensive, to paraphrase Dionne Warwick's great song, Just Walk on By :-)

It is my understanding that we are all able to set up personal preferences to allow up to 50 threads per page.  I find it amusing that seeing one thread among the 50 available to anyone is bothersome.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No,not fashion threads other places that I hang out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama, I never knew one of the Shopaholic threads was yours! I would have visited! I just didn't want to feel guilty so never visited. You know I Heart you!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I may be dense, but I haven't really been aware of the issue. Maybe that feeling is more prevalent on the two Shopoholic threads, but I have honestly never opened either of those threads because I'm not willing to admit to my "addiction," yet. And don't want to stop shopping.

I post on several threads and encounter completely different personalities across the boards. This one, Fashion, is my warm and fuzzy place to come when I want to be surrounded by friends who love the same things I love.

@MaggieMack 

Watch your back, Maggie.  Your AMStyle Saturday morning chats might be in violation of the board police.  

(Sorry I couldn't help myself!)

Low blow and not nice

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]