Honored Contributor

Re: Isn’t it’s nice to wear size 00?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't think you have to be 5ft2 and wear a size 00 to be good looking, but it would be nice. My niece is 5ft and wears a 0 from brick and mortar, not QVC vanity sizing and she's a doll. Only thing is, if she gains weight she has no where to hide it. I would love to look like Samantha the petite model, I think she's just gorgeous, I don't think she wears a 0 though, a 2 I think.

@blackhole99, I don't think 5'2" has anything to do with it.  Runway models are often that small, but I rather doubt you'll ever find a 5'2" runway model.  But, my question has to do with QVC vanity sizing.  According to the size chart of an item I recently bought, it was not vanity sizing.  However, I ended up having to return the item and exchange for 2 sizes smaller.  Does that mean QVC's size chart is always that far off?  I don't normally buy clothing from QVC and this experience makes me less likely to do so.

@Icegoddess    That's why QVC supplies us with the actual garment measurements for every clothing item.  You can compare those measurements with the measurements of a well-fitting garment you already own for a perfect fit.

@Kachina624, that doesn't help a lot with stretchy clothing if I don't happen to have a bunch of stretchy clothes in my closet, which I don't.  

Respected Contributor

I am 5'7" and around 120 to 130 and happy with it  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Why that is something to google over or see as wonderful is beyond me. Who cares what size anyone is? That is what makes people be unhappy with their lives... not feeling good, thin or rich enough.

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I definitely would like to wear a smaller size than what I currently take, but there's no way I'd want to be a 00.  Heck, I don't think I ever wore that size in my life, even as a middle schooler or teenage, and back then my tall frame had a pretty nice shape.

I agree with you.  I am currenlty a 14 and would like to be a 10-12.  I like a shaply body.  

Is this Courtney Khondabi? I think she's pretty darn shapely.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Smaller customers require LESS FABRIC......thereby keeping the overall price down.......(!!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

You're always supposed to  go down a size with NYDJ.  Not just the version at QVC.  Someitmes it's 2 sizes down.  So being a 00 is not unusual.   I treid a 00 first time I ever tried NYDJ at Nordstrom. It was snug, but I was fine in it.  The 0 was loose.  My dress size is 2, but I'm always at least a 0 in NYDJ.  In real jeans I'm a 26.  Someitmes a 25.  Not just this brand.  At Abercrombie & Fitch the 00 fit me better then the 0.

Honored Contributor

A little perpective from one who does wear a 00P or an XXS. (I am relating this only because it is subject of the thread. I don't believe that I have stated my size here before, just that I am 5'4" and very slender and small-framed.

I have no interest in the junior department; I want current but wearable clothes for my age. With the onset of vanity sizing, I did become frustrated, mostly regarding pants/jeans, which demand an exact fit.

But I have found my niche for jeans and pants at J. Crew. In fact, I don't wear them in petite because I like the length in their regular size (usually 28 inseam). So I buy their 24 in denim and 23 in other materials), and I'm good.

For tops, it's much easier. I usually wear an PXXS or some equivalent.

I don't remark on those who are larger sizes. I continually wish that it was reciprocal.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Why that is something to google over or see as wonderful is beyond me. Who cares what size anyone is? That is what makes people be unhappy with their lives... not feeling good, thin or rich enough.

@SeaMaiden  I "googled" it because someone mentioned wondering what the sizes were in 1980. Sorry if that somehow offended you. 

I could not care less what size anyone is, just commenting on the thread. 

Size vs. attitude. Attitude wins everytime.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I "googled" it because someone mentioned wondering what the sizes were in 1980. Sorry if that somehow offended you. 

I could not care less what size anyone is, just commenting on the thread. 

Size vs. attitude. Attitude wins everytime.

@Snicks1  Oh, it did not offend me. I just do not understand why people are so obsessed with what size a person is or wears.... just my thoughts...not saying that feeling differently is bad or wrong.  I think I came off a bit in a tiff....sorry.  I like different opinions and thoughts for a interesting conversation.

Honored Contributor

I offer you my apology in that case.
"To each their own, in all things".