Respected Contributor

Re: Isn’t it’s nice to wear size 00?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I definitely would like to wear a smaller size than what I currently take, but there's no way I'd want to be a 00.  Heck, I don't think I ever wore that size in my life, even as a middle schooler or teenage, and back then my tall frame had a pretty nice shape.

I agree with you.  I am currenlty a 14 and would like to be a 10-12.  I like a shaply body.  

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

FOn NYDJ tonight, host  Courtney Khondabi said she wears a size OO NYDJ.   Smiley Happy   5’2”  she’s beautiful with a fab figure.

We should all be so lucky!

NYDJ=VANITY SIZING. I wore a 0 in their jeans when I weighed 118 pounds at 5'8.

When I was 118 and 5'7" I wore department store size 8 (I don't wear jeans), and I am not considered big boned.

I cannot fathom any grown woman being a 00.    What size would that be in 1980 sizing?

And there's the rub.  Weight has nothing to do with clothing sizes just like it really has nothing to do with BMI which is really just the old height/weight charts in a different form.  Measurements are more important than weight when it comes to clothing sizes.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 14 year old dgd models in la..she is 5’7 and wears a true 00...she h is beautifully proportioned . I am very jealous..lol.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is not to blame for NYDJ's sizing.  This brand was created with the intent that customers needed to buy a size smaller than they actually wear.  It has always puzzled me from the beginning when they were called Not Your Daughter's Jeans why they didn't just cut the jeans to have the famous fit enhancements without playing games with the sizes.     

Honored Contributor

www.eonline.com/news/687475/a-brief-history-of-women-s-clothing-sizes-and-why-you-just-went-up-a-siz...

This doesn't explain the bizarre sizing of shopping channels however.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Isn’t it’s nice to. E a size 00?

[ Edited ]
@linda 2 wrote:

the hosts really love to tell everyone their size  theyr all a size x-xx small  they wear their clpthes too tight

make me feel guilty for being over wieght

There is no shame for being overweight.  

I did notice this fact about American women:  Almost 74% of American women are considered overweight. Obese. Probably because of an unhealthy diet?  Maybe medical issues, or lack of exercise?  Or some combination of all?  

My diet consist of mainly vegetables with fish, and proteins other than red meat.  Stir fried or steamed.  Use very little oil.   I avoid junk or processed foods.  And daily excersise, tai chi, and yoga  helps keep the weight off.

BTW,  QVC K.K. Said she is really a true size 0, but 00 in those jeans.  But I still think she is very lucky to be a petite, and lovely woman.   Make up for TV persons are usually over the top, anyways. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321003.php

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't think you have to be 5ft2 and wear a size 00 to be good looking, but it would be nice. My niece is 5ft and wears a 0 from brick and mortar, not QVC vanity sizing and she's a doll. Only thing is, if she gains weight she has no where to hide it. I would love to look like Samantha the petite model, I think she's just gorgeous, I don't think she wears a 0 though, a 2 I think.

@blackhole99, I don't think 5'2" has anything to do with it.  Runway models are often that small, but I rather doubt you'll ever find a 5'2" runway model.  But, my question has to do with QVC vanity sizing.  According to the size chart of an item I recently bought, it was not vanity sizing.  However, I ended up having to return the item and exchange for 2 sizes smaller.  Does that mean QVC's size chart is always that far off?  I don't normally buy clothing from QVC and this experience makes me less likely to do so.

@Icegoddess    That's why QVC supplies us with the actual garment measurements for every clothing item.  You can compare those measurements with the measurements of a well-fitting garment you already own for a perfect fit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Isn’t it’s nice to. E a size 00?

Calling an article of clothing-- or a person-- a size "00" is absurd IMO. If "0" means nothing, then "00" is less than nothing, like they don't even exist!  Woman Surprised

Some people think tiny is beautiful, some prefer voluptuous as a standard of beauty, and others like somewhere in between the two. There's only so much we can control, as a lot has to do with genetics. We should all be happy with what we were given.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Personally, the smallest size I have ever worn as an adult, was a size 4 jean, from GAP, many years ago. I'm now about 10-12, at age 68 I'll take it and be happy with myself. Sure I could stand to lose a few pounds, but not beating myself up about it. As long as you are healthy and enjoy your life, don't sweat the size thing, that's all it is, a thing.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

www.eonline.com/news/687475/a-brief-history-of-women-s-clothing-sizes-and-why-you-just-went-up-a-siz...

This doesn't explain the bizarre sizing of shopping channels however.

@Snicks1, Interesting article. I had seen the reference to Marilyn Monroe's sizing before.  Glad to see it use actual measurements, though estimated, instead of height/weight.  Have you ever looked at how tiny historic clothing is?  I have seen military uniforms that are much smaller than most women are today.  So, there's also the fact that we have gotten bigger structurally over time, whether that is due to better nutrition or other factors.  

The one place you really have to give up your vanity as far as size goes is with sewing.  If you don't go by the measurments given on the pattern for sizing, you're going to end up with a garment that doesn't fit.  New sewers often question this.  I usually wear a 6/8 in ready-made clothing, but I'm a 16 in a sewing pattern.  I do have some old patterns of my Mom's from the 50's/60's.  After reading this article it makes me want to go look and see if pattern sizing has changed over the years as well.