Honored Contributor

Re: Isn’t it’s nice to wear size 00?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

A little perpective from one who does wear a 00P or an XXS. (I am relating this only because it is subject of the thread. I don't believe that I have stated my size here before, just that I am 5'4" and very slender and small-framed.

I have no interest in the junior department; I want current but wearable clothes for my age. With the onset of vanity sizing, I did become frustrated, mostly regarding pants/jeans, which demand an exact fit.

But I have found my niche for jeans and pants at J. Crew. In fact, I don't wear them in petite because I like the length in their regular size (usually 28 inseam). So I buy their 24 in denim and 23 in other materials), and I'm good.

For tops, it's much easier. I usually wear an PXXS or some equivalent.

I don't remark on those who are larger sizes. I continually wish that it was reciprocal.

Heart Well said.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

A little perpective from one who does wear a 00P or an XXS. (I am relating this only because it is subject of the thread. I don't believe that I have stated my size here before, just that I am 5'4" and very slender and small-framed.

I have no interest in the junior department; I want current but wearable clothes for my age. With the onset of vanity sizing, I did become frustrated, mostly regarding pants/jeans, which demand an exact fit.

But I have found my niche for jeans and pants at J. Crew. In fact, I don't wear them in petite because I like the length in their regular size (usually 28 inseam). So I buy their 24 in denim and 23 in other materials), and I'm good.

I don't remark on those who are larger sizes. I continually wish that it was reciprocal.

Back in the early 80's when my Mom was in her early 40's she walked out of JC Penney's when they told her to go to the Jr. dept., she had no desire to shop in that section.  In the 90's while I was in my 30's at a local western store I walked out when they told me to go the Little Girl's section.  Rude and snarky was the attitude.  You get extra heart @suzyQ3 Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Back in the early 80's when my Mom was in her early 40's she walked out of JC Penney's when they told her to go to the Jr. dept., she had no desire to shop in that section.  In the 90's while I was in my 30's at a local western store I walked out when they told me to go the Little Girl's section.  Rude and snarky was the attitude.  You get extra :heart @suzyQ3 

Never have I been that small, but it did make me think of the time I went into the Victoria Secret store looking for a bra in an A-cup.  I had seen it in the catalogue and saw that they made it in an A.  But, I got the snarky "We have these two styles in an A-cup."  They looked like training bras.  Boy, was that humiliating.

Trusted Contributor

Chicos has vanity sizing too. I am a 4-6 and in chicos i wear a 0p that's just stupid.

QVC has vanity sizing as everyone here knows. As a 4 on top I wear an XXS silly. Why not just use numbers in inches as men do?

Trusted Contributor

Way to go HUNG (are you JOHNNYSBRO?) you certainly know how to get a thread going!  Keep up the good work...

Valued Contributor

I've not been a 00 since birth. i would not know what that feels like. sorry.  I'm 5 foot 2 and a size 6 and i'm ok with that.

Honored Contributor

NYDJ Ami, Favorite style. I now have a very nice collection of colors. 

Didn't believe the hype until experiencing for myself the lifting.

Esteemed Contributor

It isn't the size we wear that is important; it is the person wearing whatever size it is. We all know there is vanity sizing, and sizing varies among the brands and stores. What is important is that we buy what enhances us regardless of the size label. After all, the label is not on the outside to be seen by others. I've been "large" all my life; I weighed 10-1/2 pounds when I was born and currently am the average American woman's size.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.