Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

@Lytningbolts wrote:

Actually, that’s not true. If you view the other pictures of it, you can very clearly see that it overlaps and is in fact double breasted. I’m not sure why you think it doesn’t overlap. In the other picture of it buttoned up, the overlap shows very clearly. In the pictures of her wearing it unbuttoned, you can see that the functional buttons appear to be about 3-4” away from the edge of the jacket. Next to the edge of the jacket, you very clearly see the buttonhole for the internal button where the overlap buttons to the inside. I’m surprised a professional stylist would miss these details that are clearly pictured. 

I respect any and all opinions. And I always understand that we all may interpret things in a different manner. Especially in fashion, when much of it is subjective. 

The way your statement is worded, comes across as snide and mean spirited (not constructive criticism nor respectfully disagreeing).  

Fashion (and a fashion board) should be fun. Reading opinions shouldn't feel tense.

@Mellyg 

Thank you.  I have designed clothing and taught.  It's definately not a full double breasted.

I am now called the top stylist in town.

Occasional Contributor

Maybe Dillard’s got the description and photos of the jacket wrong. They are relying on the information from the designer and manufacturer as well as the actual construction of the garment. I rely on their information to be accurate since they have worked with and seen the garment. I am the first to admit that I don’t consider myself a top stylist since I am not a part time sales person at an outlet store so I could absolutely be wrong about what I am seeing and reading on their website though. 

Honored Contributor

@Lytningbolts wrote:

Maybe Dillard’s got the description and photos of the jacket wrong. They are relying on the information from the designer and manufacturer as well as the actual construction of the garment. I rely on their information to be accurate since they have worked with and seen the garment. I am the first to admit that I don’t consider myself a top stylist since I am not a part time sales person at an outlet store so I could absolutely be wrong about what I am seeing and reading on their website though. 

@Lytningbolts 

I guess the question is up for grabs.  In a very few ways I wish I still worked for Dillards, loved the clothes, discounts were "meh" but with the sciatic nerve situation and the treatment there after, it won't be happening. I did receive $2,000 in clothes and $300.00 in shoes for my performance.

I also didn't like the idea if the entire mall closing during a bad weather event and we were there with the back door unlocked.  Who in the world would go out in that weather to try on clothes.

Valued Contributor

The description is

"Luxury Collection Zoe Genuine Leather Peak Lapel Double Breasted Jacket". 

It seems like nice leather but the style looks very constricting & uncomfortable.